Mantic "Enforcers" (powered armour infantry)

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby manatic » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 am

Rev Nice wrote:
Gi6ers wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:I once suggested about a previous mech armour type thing that the pilots were hardwired into them, that is that were they were either injury survivors or surgically modified.

I'd love to see more of this sort of stuff. I'd also like a view of a horribly mutilated 'victim' with lots of life support kit.

Dark Age has a model a bit like that.

I suppose my influence on the surgical aspect is the Cybermen.

That concept is used by GW in their 40K Dreadnoughts as well. I wish Princess Cuntoff was too :D
"Ten Tigers and a Coke for the boy!"

Blog @ dawnofthelead.com
manatic

Postby CrumbReaper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am

Adster wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:Princess Cuntoff and her legion of invisible seven cocked unicorns .

That's my Figure wishlist choice, right there! :D

I've already sculpted the unicorns - pic below - launching kickstarter for this as soon as the UK one is a go!!
CrumbReaper

Postby Osbad NLI » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:49 am

Osbad NLI

Postby Skipp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:49 am

not been completely sold on any of mantics scifi at all, until now. 8)

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby CrumbReaper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:02 am

Skipp wrote:not been completely sold on any of mantics scifi at all, until now. 8)

it's looking like a winner :D :froth:
CrumbReaper

Postby Rev Nice » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm

manatic wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:
Gi6ers wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:I once suggested about a previous mech armour type thing that the pilots were hardwired into them, that is that were they were either injury survivors or surgically modified.

I'd love to see more of this sort of stuff. I'd also like a view of a horribly mutilated 'victim' with lots of life support kit.

Dark Age has a model a bit like that.

I suppose my influence on the surgical aspect is the Cybermen.

That concept is used by GW in their 40K Dreadnoughts as well. I wish Princess Cuntoff was too :D

Speaking of the 40K Dreadnoughts, I always thought that it was a missed opportunity (unless they've already done it and I missed it) that since Dreadnought pilots are not altered or conditioned in the same way as Cybermen but are effectively, the same person with their original personality wired up to the machine, to have a character who was a general that suffered horrific injuries but survived and was encased in the Dreadnought but still lead from the front as a general as he had previously done.

Some of the hero characters have pretty over the top stats so it shouldn't really be a problem to have one who was a Dreadnought general (although I suppose there's someone somewhere who would say this fucks with the established fluff too much.)

In the meantime though, Princess Cuntoff sweeps through the Universe, ravaging it like a zombie strap-on hooker on bath salts.
Hail Cuntoff!
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby AndrewGPaul » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I think thet they addressed that to an extent - being incarceratedin a dreadnought either drives you insane (Chaos dreadnoughts) or the pilots go into "hibernation" for longer and longer periods of time; having your Chapter led by a load of mechanical narcoleptics isn't much use.

Having said that, there are references to some Chapters who keep Dreadnoughts on as senior officers, at least for a time after their initial incarceration.
AndrewGPaul

Postby Steders » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:46 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:I think having your Chapter led by a load of mechanical narcoleptics isn't much use.

:D If Gw had fluff where the dreadnoughts fell asleep during a briefing I would buy more of their stuff.
Steders

Postby freakinacage » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Osbad NLI wrote:Image

Is it me or does it look like he has a big upper body and teeny tiny legs?
freakinacage

Postby Colonel Kane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Steders wrote: :D If Gw had fluff where the dreadnoughts fell asleep during a briefing I would buy more of their stuff.

Careful now...
"Not-Made-From-Meat-Made-From-Zoats-Instead-Ibix"
Colonel Kane

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports