{ Red Box Games } hefty Hamish and Bruiser Gus

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

:) , :/ , :(, :O

:)
63%
:/
13%
:(
11%
:o
13%

Total votes : 46

Postby tre » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Andy -Grey Cernit. Seems a little more plaible than teh chocolate and terra cottas. Still hodl sth details well and behaves the same overall.

Thanks everybody! Gus was somethign that just kind of crept up on me all of a sudden. I have been wanting to make a new Halfblood Assassin for a while now and just never could fidn a design that sung to me. Course this is not really an Assassin so much as a street thug, but I am really VERY happy with how it turned out.

Time yet still Bluesabre! Soon though! :D

Vic- Soon, very soon. Sorry for the delay but the heads are giving me fits!
tre

Postby Badger Loving Fluffster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:48 pm

They look very nice Tre, but I'm officially ignoring you until you show something more HelsVakty... and preferably on horseback :P
Badger Loving Fluffster
Associate Member

Postby Monkeyborg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 pm

More RBG must-haves. :froth: :froth: :froth:
Monkeyborg

Postby sc0rcher » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't get why most of Tre's stuff is in that awful pose. Looks like a medieval hockeyplayer or summat.
-/-
sc0rcher

Postby Morf » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Gus+++++++++++
The second one +++++
Morf

Postby not a troll » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 pm

dont like the left leg twist and you do it alot
not a troll

Postby spectacle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice faces but the poses don't really work on these ones. Especially Gus, I have no idea what he's supposed to be doing.
spectacle

Postby ink the troll » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:32 am

CrumbReaper wrote:
ink the troll wrote:like it.
you could even use them in a diorama- with a third mini placed in such a way, that it'd look as if it was (ab)used as somesort of ball, being punched back and forth (definitely more fun than tennis).

Goblin Pong............... :lol:

yarp, gobbpong- only needs rules now...
sanity is for cowards

blogthingy
ink the troll

Postby tre » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:01 pm

They look very nice Tre, but I'm officially ignoring you until you show something more HelsVakty... and preferably on horseback

October. ;)

The combat shuffle..... I know I tend to use this style of pose a lot. This is the reason why. With two handed weapons you need to be creative in the way you pose the figrue so as to allow the figure to be cast in a single piece. There are onyl so many ways to do and I try to make sure that the poses work for dioramas first and foremost. So the idea behind Gus' pose is that he is flanking forward and left an opponent and raring back for a clobbering swing. Or he coudl be running in mid stride with a slight turn to look to his left.

Hamish's pose is virtually the same with less velocity. He is moving to his right while looking left. He is resting some of the weight of the mace on his shield and keeping his shield up for defense.

My first inspiration for sculpting was kev's Celtos stuff, so I think a lot of what I still do comes from that early influence. I personally prefer "active " poses rather than passive poses. i think the figure tells a better story when it looks like it is doign something. if I have failed int eh effort though that is somethign I need to work on.
tre

Previous

Return to Scouting reports