Robot Assassin for TFM

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Like it ?

Yes I do.
41%
Absolutely not, go shoot yourself.
26%
col. marbles is a killer robot from the future-
33%

Total votes : 39

Postby Adster » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Lose the cape and sword. For the "off" hand you could have a vibroknife/ thermal grenade/ removed disguise hat/ another gun/ new power-clip for main gun... Just not a sword.
Adam

Hasslefriesian wrote:It's toy soldiers. Pick a ruleset, paint your minis, push them across the terrain making shooty noises.

Adster

Postby the_BADSMILE » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Cape is separate so if you don't want it just don't stick it on.
the_BADSMILE

Postby HiveTrygon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 pm

I might mold him and then sculpt a cape covering part of the entire body to hide the robot portion or a trench coat after the original is here in resin. That or send Mati a resin and let him sculpt a trench coat over the body.

He did hit the nail the way I wanted but with 2 different types of robots going on here, one hiding one not, it is kind of hard to get both. Not a huge deal though and glad to get the input so we can make it better.

The sculpt is great I think we just need a second body that's hidden more and well, will have 2 robotic assassins then. :wink: Package arrived today Mati so soon as I get resin copies I'll send you a few so you can alter the hidden version unless you want me to? Up to you. I'll pay you of course.
HiveTrygon

Postby the_BADSMILE » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Ahh so this time it didn't take eight weeks. ^^

Looking forward to those resins !
the_BADSMILE

Postby HiveTrygon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm

I just looked at it. Damn small and still fine at 43mm. I knew it would still fit well with true 28mm scale and not dwarf the other assassin you made me or the space pirate line. 8)

Pouches and the rock spider are also nice!
HiveTrygon

Postby The Masked Frother » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 pm

tre wrote:Heads are definitely NOT too small.

You always give your barbarians pin heads! :loopy:
The Masked Frother

Postby the_BADSMILE » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 pm

HiveTrygon wrote:I just looked at it. Damn small and still fine at 43mm. I knew it would still fit well with true 28mm scale and not dwarf the other assassin you made me or the space pirate line. 8)

Pouches and the rock spider are also nice!

Great to hear you like it !

The Masked Frother wrote:tre wrote:
Heads are definitely NOT too small.

You always give your barbarians pin heads! doolally

Here you go, just for you:

the_BADSMILE

Postby Vorokoth » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

That overlay bears out my first impression: the crotch is too low. I agree the sword only works with the cape and the robot head, and even then might work better with a second gun instead.

I'd still get it; if both heads come with, I'd use the disguise head as a head swap on a normal figure, and leave the robot head with this one.
Vorokoth

Postby Low Tars Dog » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 pm

I like him, perhaps it would for me be better with a telescopic baton to reflect the hidden weapon assasin thing
Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins
Low Tars Dog

Postby the_BADSMILE » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Vorokoth wrote:That overlay bears out my first impression: the crotch is too low. I agree the sword only works with the cape and the robot head, and even then might work better with a second gun instead.

I'd still get it; if both heads come with, I'd use the disguise head as a head swap on a normal figure, and leave the robot head with this one.

yeah, the overlay is during it's wip state and I corrected that. ( compare with the pic on the first page ) Also the neck was too long. posted the overlay because of the head size matter.

The mini will come with both heads and the cape.

I will make a few conversions of it too, to have a few of those in different poses and with clothes too. I somehow think a poncho would look cool on them.
the_BADSMILE

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports