Pendraken 2022 Releases!

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Re: Pendraken 2022 Releases!

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:23 pm

It won't stop me buying some :D , but those nuns in that picture aren't medieval!

The painter may have meant them to be, but he wasn't a contemporary and painted it after 1825 (Armand Gautier 1825-94) and I can't find what period he is trying to depict anywhere.

The more complex, 'winged' wimple did appear in late mediaeval secular women's dress just before Italian women began to discard it in the 15th century in favour of gauze head coverings to show their braids (brazen hussies!).

Nuns didn't do that of course and depictions of nun's dress is difficult to pin down to specific periods.

It's the guimpe that worries me most. (the bib type thing that covers the neck shoulders and breast below the coif). It looks both too long for early mediaeval and too functional for renaissance period, but that may just be me!

I suspect we all think we know what nuns look like and that their 'uniforms' are fixed for long periods. They weren't. But short of doing an entire range of period nuns for weirdos like me, I'd stick with this one and I'll have to a) suffer or b) break out the green stuff!
Thanks (and apologies!) Leon.

PS - Sorry, didn't see the latest post - nice stuff. I always use casualty figures as markers where possible, much less intrusive than bright red dice wandering around behind units!
Bronshtein

Postby Leon Pendraken » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:48 pm

Bronshtein wrote:It won't stop me buying some :D , but those nuns in that picture aren't medieval!
Thanks (and apologies!) Leon.

No worries, as you say it might not the best 'home' range for them but they can live there for now. I think the chap who commissioned was making a whole unit of nuns for some reason, but I didn't delve too deeply into why!
http://www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
Leon Pendraken

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:51 pm

Well everyone should have a hobby. I'll probably stick with wargaming though!
Cheers Leon.
Bronshtein

Postby OldeFrother » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:41 am

Derek Hodge (Derek H) and his few sycophantic followers on here have driven away all the old members who used to post about the wonderful hobby of table top gaming.

Their continuous and relentless unnatural fixation on being banned from other table top gaming forums drove away all those who used to post here on Frothers.

Out of frustration at the psychotic obsession of these few, the last of the Moderators changed the forum thread name to accurately represent these sad pathetic individuals; ‘The Sad Cunts With No Life’ before leaving and never bothering to return.

Even the constant and continual reminder to these few of their condition has not been enough to help them change and overcome their obsession.

These few have been left to obsess and continually post vitriolic hate against others simply because they cannot accept any point of view that may differ from their own.

They have tried to manipulate others in the industry to “do their dirty work for them” as part of their obsession of revenge instead of just getting on with their lives.

It’s time to put an end to this once and for all.

Derek Hodge thinks he’s going to be putting on a gaming session of Too Fat Lardies’ (TFL) games in June at the Rugby Club in Musselburgh.

DEEP FRIED LARD 2022
What? – A day of games from the TooFatLardies stable.
Where? – Musselburgh, just next to Edinburgh, Scotland.
When? – Saturday June 18th, 2022.

Here is the Facebook page of the Club:

https://facebook.com/Musselburghrugby

Musselburgh Rugby Club
Stoneyhill Farm Road
Musselburgh
0131 665 3435

Monday's - Closed
Tuesday open from 7pm
Wednesday open from 7pm
Thursday open from 7pm
Friday open from 7pm. Earlier for function bookings
Saturday and Sunday from Midday, earlier for game fixtures or bookings.

Contacting the Rugby Club and telling them what kind of individuals this may bring on premises. They just need to be provided links to the above named thread.

Based on the behaviour and actions of these individuals online, is there the threat of violence to go along with their actions?

When the club members and administration find out Derek’s behaviours on here, and elsewhere online, they will undoubtedly be more than happy to let him know these people are not welcome this year.

Contact the sponsors of Musselburgh Rugby Club and send them links to the various threads on here (the more vile, the more an honest picture of what’s been going on here for the last 10 years).

The sponsors can be found below:

https://www.musselburghrfc.com/sponsors

It is time to finally put an end to their despicable behaviour.
OldeFrother

Postby Leon Pendraken » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm

It's Day 10! After 9 days of releases spread around 2500 years of history we jump to Fantasy for our final release, with a set of 10mm ruined buildings now available.

These have been rescaled down from our larger 15mm and 28mm sets so that they fit perfectly with our 10-12mm Fantasy ranges. They should be OK for the Medieval and Renaissance period as well. Sizes vary from 45x40mm upto 110x80mm.

We'll be releasing some more 10mm MDF buildings soon, with some more rescaled Fantasy and WWII ruins next on the plan.

Fantasy
Buildings - https://www.pendraken.co.uk/fantasy-1074-c.asp
RED-10F-01 Fantasy Ruined buildings pack x 6 £16.00

And that's the end of our '10 Days of 10mm'! We hope you've found something useful over the past week and a half, and we'll have some more new stuff coming early in February for you.
http://www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
Leon Pendraken

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:25 pm

Nearly scared me off with the 'fantasy' label!

Those will do nicely for almost all post early mediaeval European scenarios.

I'm definitely having some of them.

The hussars, the knights, these and some of the casualties are definite buys.

Price rise on Feb 1? Buy now!
Bronshtein

Postby Leon Pendraken » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Nearly scared me off with the 'fantasy' label!

Those will do nicely for almost all post early mediaeval European scenarios.

I'm definitely having some of them.

The hussars, the knights, these and some of the casualties are definite buys.

Price rise on Feb 1? Buy now!

They'll be fine for Medieval as well, but they are sized slightly bigger to suit our Fantasy figures. It's only a mm or two so shouldn't be too noticeable on the table.
Leon Pendraken

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:44 pm

I've been known to use 6mm and (small) 15mm buildings depending what I need and what I've got, so these will be an improvement! :D But thanks for letting me know.
Bronshtein

Postby Leon Pendraken » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:08 am

No worries then!
Leon Pendraken

Previous

Return to Scouting reports