Sci-Fi Dinos coming March 1, '21 (hopefully)

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Sci-Fi Dinos coming March 1, '21 (hopefully)

Postby stingray20166 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:56 am

I'm not Khurasan or Brother Vinni so I hope I'm still allowed to post here. 8)

About 3 years ago I came to the Sculptors for Hire forum here to find someone to help me bring an idea to life. I was lucky enough to find a wonderful chap named Andrew May, who had posted a boxing dinosaur figure. That was pretty relevant because I wanted science-fiction dinosaurs. After a few setbacks on my side, I'm going to finally attempt to bring these into very limited production through a small Kickstarter this March. I'm not trying to start a new company -- I just want to get molds made, recoup some of my costs up to this point and finally get to see these guys in the metal.

And since the journey started here, I thought it was fitting to let y'all see the results here first (other than on my blog which no one reads anyway). So:

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to offer packs like these - that might have to be a stretch goal. Initially it'll be one of each figure. And I'd like to offer a unit-builder type pack with 5 standing riflemen and 5 kneeling riflemen. They rank up nicely so you can do a nice firing line (which I'd like to use for VSF/Space:1889).

Best,
Nicholas
stingray20166

Re: Sci-Fi Dinos coming March 1, '21 (hopefully)

Postby Rossco » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm

I'm interested. When your Kickstarter is ready, please post to let us know.
Unit builder pack is a good idea.
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Return to Scouting reports