Penarth 28 Jan St Cyres School

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Penarth 28 Jan St Cyres School

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Anyone else going?
They've only gone and moved it.
For years I've just pointed the car towards Cardiff, gone to sleep and woken up parked at Penarth Leisure centre.
Now I'm going to have to think where I'm going.
It had better be a vast improvement or else!
Bronshtein

Re: Penarth 28 Jan St Cyres School

Postby --- » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Bronshtein wrote:It had better be a vast improvement or else!

It's isn't. It's in a school and all over the shop instead of being in one big hall.

Looking at the plan we are in the outside lavvy with half the space we paid for.

On the plus side, the Artizan, Crusader, Copplestone and Pulp have arrived along with the re-stocks of Gripping Beast and Footsore (including the new Picts) 8)
---
Committee Member

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Presuming I can find the school, and then you in it, I'll see you tomorrow - pick up the hound and say hello.
Bronshtein

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Well that was a bit odd.
Parking was good, the building is new and shiny and light and was a pleasure to walk around.
Everything tended to be Balkanised though - lots of people stuck in classrooms with two or three games and multiple rooms with three or four traders. One 'Main Hall' that wasn't that 'Main' to be honest.
Wandered around a bit confused by the map. Found Jon & Co. [Thanks for the figure!] but missed several people I am sure. Found Firestorm games by accident more or less as I was leaving.
People seemed to be playing and watching and looking and selling though so perhaps the move was a good one.

Interesting to see/hear what people say on various sites and in person later in the week.
Bronshtein

Postby --- » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Took 2 hours to get out. 4 hour trip back. Nowhere near as busy as last year. I could go on but it will be an incoherent rant.

Good to see Brony again though 8)
---
Committee Member

Return to Clubs and Communities