Salute....

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Salute....

Postby Hastati » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:50 pm

It would be nice to have a Frothers game to bring chocolates to. As for a game, I was thinking of something where the players are monsters (like a troll, ogre, hill giant, dragon, etc.) just mooching about minding their own business trying to get from A to Z, when random gangs of murder hobos (the supposed "good guys") come along to try and murder them and take their loot.

The game would be a race between the players (each controlling a monster) to be the first to complete a circuit of a track (dungeon, forest, caverns, or whatever) without getting killed/waylaid by adventurers or losing their treasure to thieving hobbits. Ideally, games could feature 4-6 players and take 30-45 minutes. Monsters could be the cheap Reaper bones stuff. Winner of each race keeps his figure as a prize.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby MartinR » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:06 pm

pedro wrote:
Levied Troop wrote:Nazi Re-enactor Civil War?

only if against "the sound of music" re-enactors

I went a dress up sing-along Sound of Music show a few years back. Although my wife went as a Nun, I thought it would be a great idea to go as a Gebirgsjager.

Being booed by 4,000 people during the fancy dress parade was quite funny.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
MartinR

Postby Germy Bugger » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:22 pm

MartinR wrote:I went a dress up sing-along Sound of Music show a few years back. Although my wife went as a Nun, I thought it would be a great idea to go as a Gebirgsjager.

Being booed by 4,000 people during the fancy dress parade was quite funny.

Not surprised really, people just don't like nuns.
Germy Bugger

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:59 am

Hastati wrote:It would be nice to have a Frothers game to bring chocolates to. As for a game, I was thinking of something where the players are monsters (like a troll, ogre, hill giant, dragon, etc.) just mooching about minding their own business trying to get from A to Z, when random gangs of murder hobos (the supposed "good guys") come along to try and murder them and take their loot.

The game would be a race between the players (each controlling a monster) to be the first to complete a circuit of a track (dungeon, forest, caverns, or whatever) without getting killed/waylaid by adventurers or losing their treasure to thieving hobbits. Ideally, games could feature 4-6 players and take 30-45 minutes. Monsters could be the cheap Reaper bones stuff. Winner of each race keeps his figure as a prize.

Nice!
Norton C Wongpower

Previous

Return to Clubs and Communities