Salute 2015

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Salute 2015

Postby --- » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Yep, just surfacing now too. Very busy (and long) day. Hardly got off the stand all day and saw bugger all of anything. Apologies to everyone I ignored or was just too busy to talk to :(
---
Committee Member

Postby aliensurfer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 pm

pete wrote:
Double-plus good to chat to the people from Wargame Factory, who surprisingly love us... 8)

that shocked me too when you told me they'd said that, once you explained why it was a pleasant surprise :)
aliensurfer

Postby --- » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:36 pm

aliensurfer wrote:
pete wrote:
Double-plus good to chat to the people from Wargame Factory, who surprisingly love us... 8)

that shocked me too when you told me they'd said that, once you explained why it was a pleasant surprise :)

Indeed. He's a top, top bloke and *if* it comes off it will be very special 8)
---
Committee Member

Postby THE Killer Bob » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Meeting the Wargames Factory guys was absolutely the highlight of the show. And they came over to the Frotherheim table specifically to say "hi" to the Frothers. Seemed like good blokes, not scum like Tony Reidy.

One of the many interesting things that the "yellow menace"* said was that he wasn't actually making money out of Wargames Factory, it's "more of a hobby". Pretty bloody big investment in a hobby compared to all those little garage hobby companies.

*turns out he is Canadian, fuckwit PMTers!
It's happening again...
THE Killer Bob

Postby countersunk81 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 am

Really enjoyed it, and great to put some faces to names!
countersunk81

Postby Annie » Fri May 01, 2015 11:07 am

Great to meet a load of Frothers! Was a whirlwind, not sure as to what actually happened, what was hunger delirium, and who I met, but hey!
Annie

Postby Germy Bugger » Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 pm

countersunk81 wrote:Really enjoyed it, and great to put some faces to names!

I chatted to loads of people but I still have no idea who they were (probably for the best) :D

Annie wrote:Great to meet a load of Frothers! Was a whirlwind, not sure as to what actually happened, what was hunger delirium, and who I met, but hey!

Your stand seemed busy all day Annie, hope that translated into sales.
The first ever lesson I learnt working at Salute was "Bring Lunch!" I got through so much cake and chocolate this year 8)
Germy Bugger

Postby mcfonz » Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Well I got to the Fox after the show only to be called Germy several times by Pete before he then disappeared off!!!

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was one half of "mcfly" . . . . the other standing next to me!
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby Germy Bugger » Fri May 01, 2015 10:39 pm

mcfonz wrote:Well I got to the Fox after the show only to be called Germy several times by Pete before he then disappeared off!!!

I was flattered to have been mistaken for that talented genius though!

Pete you doppy cunt, I tell you what next time I'll wear a top with my name on it or something :roll:
Germy Bugger

Postby mcfonz » Fri May 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Thing is, although I am sure I have met you Germy, I can't for the life of me remember what you look like. So for all I know, you look like the really handsome chap that I am.

It's that or Pete could have been a bit merry.

Fuck knows. I just smiled and nodded. It's an important skill that, smiling and nodding!
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

PreviousNext

Return to Clubs and Communities