No Bring & Buy at Derby

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

No Bring & Buy at Derby

Postby pete284 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Just visited the Derby Wargames Show Web page and like some other shows now there will be no Bring & Buy. Damn.

I guess it's down to a lack of volunteers. I don't know why they don't hire table space out on the day and can sell your own stuff. That way the seller sells their own stuff, no accusations of organisers creaming the best stuff off, you can do deals with buyers without going through organisers. Only administration is collecting a small charge from sellers who keep 100% of what they sell. If they get fed up they can pack in when they want.

Seems to me like a win win all round and turns it into a flea market.
Pete Jones
"I would never join a club that would allow me as a member."
- Groucho Marx
pete284

Re: No Bring & Buy at Derby

Postby Kes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:05 am

Not sure why they wouldn't have one or the other, and I'm not sure which I prefer - I've been to a couple of flea markets that had very little to offer, and I've also seen some awful bring and buys that were so crowded I went to the bar. You need plenty of volunteers, cos sadly stuff can go walkies without a load of eyes watching :(
Kes

Postby shredder » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Surely that's either being a trader yourself, or standing on a stall all days to sell 1 or 2 items?
Come on over & buy some stuff
www.forlornhopegames.co.uk
shredder

Postby Phil_Gray » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

I liked how the York guys did a couple of years back - pitch up and hire your table by the half-hour or hour. As you're there with your stuff it doesn't get nicked/ buried or shoved to the side, and you can spot an interested party and "haggle"... :-)
Phil_Gray

Return to Clubs and Communities