No Bring and Buy at Salute 2014

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: No Bring and Buy at Salute 2014

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 am

Dags wrote:Plenty of small start-ups - they'll do a year to see if it's worth it.

s'pose...
those sort of people are shonking onto the sides of other peoples stands though arn't they...
(hand up anyone who started with a little space on someones stand?)

Dags wrote:I'm guessing that it probably has more to do with the SLWG guys not wanting to spend the day in gasmasks tbh....

:lol:
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Germy Bugger wrote:
pete wrote:I wonder how much $$$ they have put into SELWG over the years, plenty i'm sure.

Really? Don't SELWG take 10% of sales or something? I reckon that's probably all they get out of the deal.

All?
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Germy Bugger » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 am

No, admittedly I have no idea what the turnover of the Bring & Buy actually is. So yes you're right it could be substantial.
Germy Bugger

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Surprising to hear.
I wonder what the real reason is?

To be honest, I haven't bought anything from a Bring and Buy for ages - it always seems to comprise lots of overpriced plastic GW stuff.
But I have sold plenty of stuff at them. Mind you, I buy less now and tend to buy those things I want rather than whims, so I have less stuff I want to sell.
Still think its a great shame it won't be there.
An Absent Humphrey

Previous

Return to Clubs and Communities