Nottingham Gamers

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby YAAF » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm

More details for the War & Peace Games Club.

Our next meet is Saturday 24 November.

We will be playing lots of Kings Of War, Warpath and all the Mantic boardgames PLUS (if Stew, Chris and the rest of the Mantic heroes send the orders out in time) DreadBall. The plan is to get some games in first to get to grips with the rules and then in January launch our DreadBall League.

Now, because a sports-based game needs more attention and lots more games, I've negotiated with the Stumble's landlord for us to go fortnightly. That means more games, but also a more regular schedule, one that we can keep on top of in regards league play for DreadBall plus the start of our Kings Of War Bloodstone Campaign which also launches in January.

So pop down on Nov 24th with your armies; you'll be guaranteed a game plus there's a painting table if you want to slap some paint on some new models. Fancy trying a new game out? We have demo tables for:
  • Fanticide
  • Battle Dice
  • Talisman
  • Shuuro
And in the new year we will have regular games of:
  • Flames of War
  • Star Wars X Wing
  • Brushfire
  • Relics
We meet at:

The Stumble Inn
Long Eaton
Nottingham

http://jonathanpeace.blogspot.co.uk/
I'd recognise that sound anywhere! That's the sound of a hundred heads deflating.
YAAF

Mondo

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks for that otherwise would have lost that connection

Postby THE Killer Bob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm

GUEST wrote: Would like to know more on WG Foundry though

If you're in Nottingham then just go around there and ring the doorbell. I had a long and interesting chat with Young Master Ansell last week. Seemed like a really good bloke to me. Prepared to talk about just about everything that teh interweb gossips about and not worried by my disinterest in purchasing stuff (I did pick up a few random packs from the half-price area, would have grabbed more but had wife staring at me).

They've certainly got enough space to host gaming evenings. If I lived in the area I'd be totally interested in gaming there (as long as I didn't have to field 100% Foundry armies because I don't think I've got any).
It's happening again...
THE Killer Bob

Postby dieselmonkey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 pm

THE Bob wrote:They've certainly got enough space to host gaming evenings. If I lived in the area I'd be totally interested in gaming there (as long as I didn't have to field 100% Foundry armies because I don't think I've got any).

Bearing in mind they're putting on a Rogue Trader 40k demo/participation game there on 15th Dec, I can't see that being a problem.

Also, there are plenty of decent, secure car parks nearby. Might cost money, but far cheaper than an insurance claim.
dieselmonkey

GOD OF BATTLES RELEASE DATE AND OPEN DAY

Postby wargamer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm

GOD OF BATTLES
By Jake Thornton

God of Battles is Jake Thornton's new fantasy wargaming rules, in which players command armies of model soldiers to battle against each other across Aren?s troubled lands.

Jake is the author of our own Tribes of Legend, as well as having written Dreadball, Dwarf King's Hold and Project Pandora for Mantic Games. Jake has done design work for Warhammer 6th edition, managed Blood Bowl, Necromunda and Mordheim and was the editor for White Dwarf for two years.

The book has over 285 full colour pages, weighs over 3.2 lbs. and contains hundreds of exquisite Kevin Dallimore photos.

Wargames Foundry are holding the book launch on the 1st and 2nd of March at our factory shop here in Nottingham.
We will open for visitors at 10am and finish at about 4:30pm on both days. Anyone is welcome to turn up and meet Jake Thornton, who will be pleased to sign copies of his book and answer his fellow gamer's questions.

We will have a stock of our new ranges of God of Battles miniatures which will be available at a discount on the day..

It's local, just near Victoria Centre, and you support local Business.

http://wargamesfoundry.com/
Foundry Miniatures Ltd?
24-34 St marks Street,
Nottingham NG3 1DE
United Kingdom.
0115 8413000
wargamer

WARGAMES FOUNDRY

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Been chatting to Marcus, really is a nice guy, unlike the last manager they had...

Seems eager to have gamers down at there place regardless of systems or figures you use, which is good for a company. Real relaxed about it.

Over the chat got to speak to both Marcus and his dad Brian Ansell, who was also easy to chat to (even f I had o not go wow your Brian Ansell), open about things and was happy to answer questions about systems, company even how to make molds for figures.real cool.

The club idea seems a go, and from what I can gather it's more about open space for anyone who wants a place to game, and they have some sweet tables. Apparently from a TV film.

was able to glean that they were looking to go back to old school principles with new talent in house sculptors and such. Like they used to do.

Worth keeping an eye on this company I think

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 am

Alternate Monday nights (starting tonight) in an upstairs room at Mondo Comico, if anyone is interested...

I'm going with ma'boy, to play Dungeon Command, we've a couple of spare factions to lend...

7.30 til 10 ish...
8 Stoney Street, Nottingham.
https://www.facebook.com/mondocomico

:D
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:49 am

Correction, the place opens at 5.30 (!) for those that like to get in early...
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Double correction, its every Monday next door to Mondo, so i think i might have a regular haunt on a Monday evening... :D :D
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Re: Nottingham Gamers

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Foundry Arena

Marcus the new manager of Wargames Foundry has made clear that they want to be more focused on gamers and opening the space they have. With this in mind they opened up the entire shop floor space for gamers to take advantage of, and with the number of gaming tables becoming available there its the start of something big.

With that here’s whats coming up or currently running @ Foundry Arena

First Saturday of the Month 4th May, 1st June, 6th July, 3rd August,etc
God of battles drop in gaming days. 10 am till 4:30pm with Jake Thornton the designer. All free, with tea, coffee and biscuits.

We have a Warhammer Ancients battle here on Saturday 13th July, put on by Ben Clapperton From Durham University, who is going to refight the 340BC Battle of Crimissus.

On the 31st August and 1st September we have a fairly large event with perhaps fifty or so Oldhammer fans celebrating the 25th anniversary of the publication of Warhammer Realm of Chaos. The Oldhammer movement sprang up a year or so ago. It’s enthusiasts continue to play Warhammer Third Edition. They have some very impressive websites between them, and all of them seem to paint to a very high standard (a higher standard than anyone was managing 25 years ago).

http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk

http://bloodforum.treps.net/index.php

So far they will have 25 tables to fight Chaos War Band against Chaos War Band, and they will have one big table where they can all battle chaotically together. We plan to provide them with a bar and food.

So: get in touch if you would like to come and run events here.

What we would really like would be to have a regular club group meeting here at Foundry every Saturday. So, we would welcome local gamers looking for a venue to get in touch with us.
Attendance & tea and coffee at all these events is free.

Contact marcus@wargamesfoundry.com
Email http://www.wargamesfoundry.com
Matt

PreviousNext

Return to Clubs and Communities