Nottingham Gamers

Post here to keep us informed about your club, or chat about the shows, be they wargaming, roleplaying, CCGs or boardgames. Club and show dates and meetups go here!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Nottingham Gamers

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:59 pm

I would recommend the gaming shop Vague Connections on Derby Road. Its right opposite the cathedral. The owner is a cool dude and is always up for a chat and some gaming. Also I find most of the customers and hangers on are nice people. They do alot of magic, but they also run alot of RPG stuff. This is obviously alongside table top gaming.
"Opinions are like arse holes, we all have one but no one wants to hear it"

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/newrel.html
Ramshackle_Curtis

Postby adlard.matthew » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

The Foundry option has improved and Marcus is offering the shop floor space for gamers to make use free. Plenty of tables and been running God of battles there, great fun.

Its an open offer for any system, free tea, coffee, and biscuits.

Also has the advantage of Foundries car-park for people to use.
about.me/mattadlard Nuff said.

“Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.”
adlard.matthew

Postby adlard.matthew@gmail.com » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 pm

With Regards Foundry Arena

They've certainly got enough space to host gaming evenings. If I lived in the area I'd be totally interested in gaming there (as long as I didn't have to field 100% Foundry armies because I don't think I've got any).

Spoke to Marcus last time in which was 22nd June, Basically game with what you've got and what you like. No issues with what you want to get up to with games 'decency permitting.'

As far as he is concerned they have space, tables, toilets, and tea/coffee, and happy for gamers to use it.

They are hosting the Oldhammer event have another Ancients wAB, but from what Marcus said they were looking at a bunch of the Warlords lot running games on an evening.

They had a WH40k Rogue Trader game previously, I'm looking at running a 1st/2nd SpaceHulk game there as soon as painted bloody genestealers.

And looks like one of the games clubs will be looking to set up p/t there with all the games they run, not including FANG 'Friendly Association of Nottingham Gamers' ho are looking to run Boardgames possibly there as well.

Regular God of battles Fantasy games being run on the first Saturday of the month, with designer Jake Thornton.

But its a case of you want to run a game, email Marcus, pop down and go.

Could not ask for a nicer guy actually.
adlard.matthew@gmail.com

Previous

Return to Clubs and Communities