ASL?

Proper frother gaming in its purest form, without the stupid miniatures. Prepare to receive Boarders!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: ASL?

Postby Steders » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Hastati wrote: You buy the separate rules binder plus the various boxed supplement sets of counters/boards/scenarios.

That sounds like doing homework, are you sure its a game you can enjoy or do get marked out of ten on presentation?
Steders

Postby Hastati » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Steders wrote:
Hastati wrote:That's from Squad Leader, not ASL, you daft cunt.

:oops:

Why don't you just fuck off you twatting Nerd

Can't, it's the one fucking thing I do well. :oops: :oops: :oops:
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby molson » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Steders wrote:Scenario 1 in the ASl box set is 'The Guard Counter attack', set in Stalingrad. I remember playing it, it uses the German officer who is so crap he has an adverse effect on morale.
So there Molson you cunt! :D

Lol! Usually I get 'dozy cunt', so maybe I'm moving up in the world.

The 'Guard's Counter attack' is still a lot of fun but appeared in the SL boxed set, as pointed out below. The scenario was re-done for ASL later.
Best part was assembling the 6-2-8 super stack and delivering the 18 FP hammer on the hapless Huns across the street.
The useless 6+1 leader always seemed faff around in the back field, trying to stay alive. Strapping a demo charge on his ass and using those 6 MPs to go and blow stuff up would be the best use of him in any scenario.
molson

Postby Passer by » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:48 am

Got my Starter Kit in the mail today and had our first game. Had a complete fucking blast. Even my ex-stoner buddy who normally isn't too big on complex games loved it.

Since I made a bit more money lately than expected, also got the full game and "Beyond Valor" coming this weekend.
Better red than dead
Passer by

Postby DemonEtrigan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:56 am

Steders wrote:
Hastati wrote: You buy the separate rules binder plus the various boxed supplement sets of counters/boards/scenarios.

That sounds like doing homework, are you sure its a game you can enjoy or do get marked out of ten on presentation?

you've pretty much described ASL there :)
DemonEtrigan

Postby Glenn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:06 pm

This thread made me dig out the ASL mountain from the garage and arrange a few games again

I'm almost forgoten how badly organised that section of the garage was but after what seemed like hours the right counters and scenarios got dug out and we've got a few Crete scenarios to play through

:D
Glenn

Postby Passer by » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Holy crap, Fedex just delivered a 9 pound package with the rulebook and Beyond Valor. Crazy cool. I'll see you lot in 50 years time :)
Better red than dead
Passer by

Postby DemonEtrigan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Passer by wrote:Holy crap, Fedex just delivered a 9 pound package with the rulebook and Beyond Valor. Crazy cool. I'll see you lot in 50 years time :)

and you still won't have played it :)
DemonEtrigan

Postby Passer by » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:24 am

DemonEtrigan wrote:
Passer by wrote:Holy crap, Fedex just delivered a 9 pound package with the rulebook and Beyond Valor. Crazy cool. I'll see you lot in 50 years time :)

and you still won't have played it :)

Hah. Some of the Beyond Valor scenarios are crazy huge. 20+ squads on each side. Nuts.

I think we'll work through hte starter kit scenarios first, but pull in full ASL rules as we go, to work our way up. Heat of Battle is going in for sure :)
Better red than dead
Passer by

Postby Kes » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 am

I bought Squad Leader a long time ago from Toys'R'Us. Do I do a nostalgia trip
and buy it second hand from fleabay or buy a new shiny ASL Starter Set #1?
Is ASL that much more complicated? What's missing from the Starter Set that's in SL?
Kes

PreviousNext

Return to Boardgamers' Galley