Ogre kickstarter

Proper frother gaming in its purest form, without the stupid miniatures. Prepare to receive Boarders!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Ogre kickstarter

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:51 am

Hastati wrote: Also, it's a 1950's style odds CRT by the way from Tactics II (which was itself partly derived from Kriegspiel).

I didn't know that, excellent news though, more to mock Susan at work about... it was her copy which arrived here in the office... 8)
Tony Reidy on Frothers wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Hastati » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm

pete wrote::/)

Fair-dos about the Tom Wham game... but its a classic, and it's not as if we super-sized it out of all proportion did we...

(whoops, yea might have done)

Balance is all important in a game, its what make Snits so good, its down to the wire 9 times out of 10.

....and SJ supersized Ogre. I still think you should mock your co-worker, that just makes sense.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:57 pm

I do have a sneaking admiration for the new Ogre, it is just bonkers... 12kgs of micro game.
Tony Reidy on Frothers wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby The Masked Frother » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Skipp wrote:
AndrewGPaul wrote:there'll probably be more than a few on Ebay, and some copies should make their way into stores.

any idea what it'll go for?

It seems each store is limited to about 4 copies, at least here in Canada. My local got his copies plus one he snagged from another dealer. IIRC it was about $130 after taxes, or thereabouts...or about $10 per kilo! :loopy:

I snagged one and gave it to a friend for Christmas, half b/c he has done a lot of favours for me in the past but also b/c he has the space to play it on! :D

The amazing thing is that all the bits fit into the box after they are put together. Brilliant! :D
The Masked Frother

Postby Skipp » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Haven't seen any on eBay as yet...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Hastati » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Skipp wrote:Haven't seen any on eBay as yet...

SJ Games had some before Christmas. My mate ordered one, but the shipping costs were a bitch and took the total price over $200. He's still happy he snagged one, but wishing he had gone in for the KS.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Previous

Return to Boardgamers' Galley