Force on Force, FUUK it up! Army painting contest v7!

The place for straight-talking on painting techniques, supplies, and other mini-painting topics. Link to your paintjobs here, if you want to know what we *really* think!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Force on Force, FUUK it up! Army painting contest v7!

Postby blackfly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Moooooooore Frothy Goodness please. Slap paint on it, finish it up, or drag it out of a closet, and dust it off, we don't care which.

Army Painting Contest, v7!

Rules:

1) Each person can submit 2 entries.

2) Each entry should be an "army".

What does that mean? Almost anything. A traditional gaming army, a skirmish warband, a platoon, a naval fleet, a necromunda gang, a space fleet, the figures you use to role play your gloranthan drum and bugle corps, or even a flock of sheep, if you wanted. Wether you just collect them, game with them, or whatever.

We're not here to say whats a legal/official army, and how you should play, or even if you should play.

The idea is for people to show off some of their more ambitious, complete, thematic, interesting projects... whatever that means to you.

3) No restrictions on scale.

4) Deadline: 23:59:59, May 31 2014

5) The entry cannot have been included in an earlier Force on Force competition.

How do you enter? You post your pictures in this thread. Include an army name or some description so when we post the poll we can more easily identify them.

Questions? I hope not.

Get painting! Or Photographing! Or . . . posting!

( sticky please )
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql5.sock' (111) [2002]

"There should be a special term for people who join TMP* in order to complain about something** in their first post(s)." -AECurtis (RIP)

*FUUK
**TMP
blackfly
Associate Member

Re: Force on Force, FUUK it up! Army painting contest v7!

Postby Duff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:52 am

I'll get the ball rolling.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby The Masked Frother » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:51 pm

I have to say, I don't like the jazzy background. Nor the black. Nor the missing bases. I'd rather see a nice clear pic of the miniatures as they are, perhaps with some scenery or posed in some sort of encounter. Anything else just distracts from the figures. Just saying...

I should add that I hate the way Infinity does their pictures where they show multiple views of the same figure so you might think at first there are three or four variants when really there is only one or maybe two. It's deceptive.
The Masked Frother

Postby Duff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm

The figures are on clear resin bases Howard, so they show up really badly in photos.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby tiacapan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:56 pm

No doubt I'll regret this as I'm not much of a painter at the best of times, but here's my latest, dwarven patrol (mostly Hasslefree with Privateer Press statue things). Just about hits tabletop standard I'm afraid.

Let the pisstaking commence!
The voices in my head want me to hurt you...
tiacapan

Postby TheImp » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:37 pm

It's a nice collection, tiacapan. Any close-ups?
TheImp
Associate Member

Postby Duff » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 pm

That's a hell of a lot of Hasslefrassle dwarfage. Top stuff. Have you thought of supplementing them with the Brigade Model's Celtos dwarves that Kev sculpted?

Duff
Associate Member

Postby tiacapan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm

I'll take some close ups over the next couple of days although I reckon they look better from a distance! Hadn't seen the Celtos stuff before reckon I'll give it a go...once I finish a Puppets War stone golem to bulk out the wizards and their summoned war golems!

:D
The voices in my head want me to hurt you...
tiacapan

Postby Brandlin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 pm

The cellos stuff is very very good, but a very different style to the HF dwarfs, despite both being sculpted by kev
http://brandlin.blogspot.com/ - where inspired wargaming and modeling projects come to procrastinate
Brandlin

Postby Duff » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:24 pm

They work ok together as long as you use them for different units.

Duff
Associate Member

Next

Return to Painters Unite! UK Forum