Independence Day; Reflux

Discussion of cinematic genius and disaster past and present, with a twist of froth.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Independence Day; Reflux

Postby Clayface » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:49 am

I refuse to believe what I am reading - according to the early critics the new movie is stupider than the original.

I saw the first movie in Swansea of all places, and left the Cinema both feeling like I had been taking gas and air - as if Emerich had reached into my head and destroyed some brain cells - and insulted. By all accounts they have done all the same things but more, with every single one of the things that makes this sort of reboot so tiresome on top - everyone is either the original cast but older, or related to the original cast...... god I hope it loses every penny it cost to make and market. Please, people of China, boycot this shite...please?
Clayface

Re: Independence Day; Reflux

Postby Altius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Eesh. I've seen the trailers. I'll pass.

I never liked the original, except for Jeff Goldblum. I couldn't get past the computer virus part.
I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself - what would a bad man do?
Altius

Re: Independence Day; Reflux

Postby themightyflip » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Went to see it last night (with free tickets) was "meh" at best, same old tired cliches, basically everything has been seen a 100 times before, there was just nothing new. Also they had alien tech for 20 years and all they did was build a cannon on the moon and a bunch of space fighters...did they learn nothing from anime? Where are the giant space battleships?

Oh and they set up another sequel at the end.
themightyflip

Return to Movie Zone