Star Wars Spoiler Thread

Discussion of cinematic genius and disaster past and present, with a twist of froth.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Wars Spoiler Thread

Postby Steders » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 pm

A Chaotic Humphrey wrote:I saw it again yesterday. I went dressed as Princess Leia, the costume is a bit 'snug' but I don't think anyone noticed.

Okay

I know, you're all expecting some tragically deluded individual (probably American) dressed as Leia
But, when I did a google search I found this image

You'll just have to use your imagination to picture Humphs gigantic frame covered in 80 feet of white material
Steders

Postby Ajsalium » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Steders wrote:Image

Interesting. SILF. Sith I'd Like to Fuck. :froth:
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 am

I thought it was fun! Its well daft in places and has so much stupid "coincidence" and every body is related.

THe bit I liked most was the ambiguity of Kylo Ren's motivation. Did he want to kill his dad or not? He says "I now what I want to do but wonder if I have the strength to do it". The film makers imply that he knows he has to do it, but maybe that is not what he means? Also he states that he will finish what his grandfather started. Does he know vader chucked the emperor down a space-hole?
"Opinions are like arse holes, we all have one but no one wants to hear it"

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/newrel.html
Ramshackle_Curtis

Postby Clayface » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote: Does he know vader chucked the emperor down a space-hole?

well spotted! Could be it was a rubber lightsaber, Han's not dead and now Kylo is the Rebellion's man on the inside?

Ah who cares? I am 47.
Clayface

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Well, I thought it was a nice touch to the movie story and direction. Its good film making. SUggesting heavily one thing, but being ambiguous.

Have you seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJBfEWZF60s
"Opinions are like arse holes, we all have one but no one wants to hear it"

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/newrel.html
Ramshackle_Curtis

Postby Clayface » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:Well, I thought it was a nice touch to the movie story and direction. Its good film making. SUggesting heavily one thing, but being ambiguous.

I know facetious sarcasm is my default setting, but in this case I wasn't being - I ACTUALLY think you may be onto something. Han not being dead would make a lot of sense, although they will need to be quick with the return, he isn't getting any younger.

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:Have you seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJBfEWZF60s

No, as I am 47. (facetious Sarcasm to ON)
Clayface

Postby Ace From Outer Space » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Well I loved every second of it as much as I loved A New Hope, watched at the Gaumont Cinema in Brum in 1977 with my mum, dad and big bro.

And I came out feeling like a kid again, so job done. Anyway, Kilo Renn wants to bring back Vader, but is having some angst issues and will inevitably start feeling guilty about killing Han so will bring him back instead...

Rey and Finn were ace, it was all just top.

if you can, watch the Lego Star Wars films. Excellent, proper satire!
Ace From Outer Space

Postby Juuso » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Got the Bluray version to watch. All I can say is, the movie lit up when Han & Chewie showed up, and died with Han's apparent demise. Bastards.

Other than that it was just a rehash of the old plot ideas, only with bigger death star. The main bad guy looked suspiciously like the orc baddie from the Hobbit movies? The same scarred grey look, and with the somehow sterile look all CG characters seem to have, plain forgettable. Would be fun if the 'man' behind the gigantic hologram was just a bald and tiny evil hobbit? :rofl:

They don't seem to learn that CG characters make unconvincing bad guys (or indeed characters). Give me Palpatine every time. Another stupid move was to remove the mask from Kylo Ren in the middle of the first movie (or was it even earlier). Now he's just another kid with temper tantrums, and not very good with jedi fencing either. He got beat by a noob girlie (sure the force is strong in that one and all), and even the ex-'stormtrooper' Finn gave him hard time. What? Why not use the the dark side like he used before to stop those blaster shots etc. What a noob baddie, what a mess of a movie.
Juuso

Previous

Return to Movie Zone