Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby Tomkinson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: my previous post and a couple of subsequent comments. And not wishing to disparage anyone's previous efforts in any way but the free forum hosting route wouldn't be complex and difficult. It should not require that much input or slog at all, in fact far from it - on the strict proviso that all concerned would be happy to let it be a bit of a free-for-all with minimal, if any, moderation.

Really just food for thought.

I dip into RP from time to time and do enjoy some of the stuff there but it does predominantly cover certain genres. That is of course perfectly fine, but any historical stuff really is pretty marginal and even the SF/Fantasy coverage itself is not necessarily that broad.
Jolly good show...
Tomkinson

Postby Hastati » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Tomkinson wrote:I dip into RP from time to time and do enjoy some of the stuff there but it does predominantly cover certain genres. That is of course perfectly fine, but any historical stuff really is pretty marginal and even the SF/Fantasy coverage itself is not necessarily that broad.

That's because RP reflects the interests of the primary posters there. If those who had an interest in historical stuff posted on RP, guess what? The historical gaming content would go up. RP was the original FUUK lifeboat/"splitters!" (depending on your point of view), I doubt highly that once this place finally goes tits up (and it will) that anyone is going to be interested in creating a new site. The active posters here are down to a handful of people mainly whingeing about another website and the state of the US. I'm currently whingeing about the appalling quality of SS GB. I don't think anyone is going to mourn too heavily when FUUK finally bites the dust.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Well, I would miss it - so for me that's the main constituency covered! :D

I joined RP early on and pop in now and again but it just lacks something I want, or maybe it has something I don't want? It felt better when I got rid of the godawful black and red set up. (I know it's supposed to be 'cool' - it depresses the fuck out of me).

I'm told forums/fora(?) are dead and social media is the way forward. I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids - but you all knew that anyway.

I'm not against whinging (however it's spelt) either. I quite like places where you can and its not all goody two shoes and all shall have prizes no matter how crap the rules or figures or scenarios.

Where is all this going?
Dunno - I didn't have a goal in mind. I wanted info and thoughts.
Got them I think.
Ta. 8)
Bronshtein

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:35 am

I'm not on Facebook and have absolutely no intention of it whatsoever.

I suppose it will be a shame when this place finally gives up the ghost. Though I think that's just me being nostalgic. As we all know, it really gave up the ghost a good few years ago now. It limped along, coughing up blood, for a couple of years, but it unequivocally became another victim of the Great 2016 Cull.

I've looked at other gaming forums. That TWW one, is that the one set up by that whining little twat who had a breakdown because he was called 'filth', like that was the most virile insult that could ever be levelled at someone? And then came on here to that thread aggrandising himself like some kind of crusader standing up against he-who-shall-not-be-named? Just on sheer fucking principle I wouldn't want to do anything to support that stupid sap. Even if that means spiting myself.
There's LAF. But that has all the intimacy of two first-year Christian students who want to keep themselves pure for God. It's OK, but it has no rapport and is too heavily moderated.
There's also Random Platypus. I want to like that (in fact, I supported it and suggested that all Frothers should go over to using that when it was set up). But it is very...sepulchral, and the mateyness seems a bit forced and contrived.

No. When this place dies I will use that as a good reason to reduce my internet footprint. Truth is, miniatures gaming is one hobby among others vying for my time and I have only limited amounts to say. I find most battle reports to be dry to read, and I can only say 'great paint job!' so many times. All I want from a gaming site is great eye candy when I want inspiration and a bit of silly banter when I don't.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby kawasaki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:08 pm

There's that other place, with the mad Dutchman.

I don't go there any more...

LAF is dull. Worthy, but dull.
RP doesn't interest me, and the default white on black sucks donkey cock.
TWW is rather staid, but what the heck, it's OKish for all that.

So if no-one's going to make the effort to start a FUUK MkII, it looks like goodbye to all you twats when Frother's disappears down the plughole. :)
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Think you've rather misjudged Michael, Humph.

But I see your point re time.

I think Kawasaki's last line contains a soupcon of the sentiment that made me ask the question.
I don't want to say goodbye. Sad though it may be, I rather enjoy the opinionated, few (if any) holds barred twats on here. I don't know where else I'll find such a mix.

I guess it's also the idea that one morning I'll press that mouse button and all I'll get is a 404 error without a last chance to say fuck off. I suppose there is the Zen approach which would mean saying it every post but it becomes somewhat mechanistic then and I want my abuse to be heartfelt and genuine rather than formulaic.

I suppose also I may have to go and actually do some more gaming and preparation if this place turns up its toes, and I'm a big fan of procrastination.
Bronshtein

Postby kawasaki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:21 pm

You can come over to TRC Bronny, you don't even have to buy a bike :)
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Tanzania Railways Corporation?
Bronshtein

Postby kawasaki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 pm

The Rev Counter.

Not just about vicars ;)

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/index.php
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:09 pm

kawasaki wrote:The Rev Counter.

Not just about vicars ;)

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/index.php

We had one of those here... it broke
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box