Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby kawasaki » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I don't know how odd it is.
He's probably got a lot on in the real word and may not want to be bothered with all this.
Besides he's an archaeologist or something isn't he? Something to do with the palaeolithic period?
Their normal isn't ours.

All he has to do is hand over the metaphoric keys. No-one's asking him for a blowjob, dinner and flowers.

Well Condy might...
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Hastati » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:Do any of you guys know Doc personally? Someone must know the reasoning behind his odd behaviour?

It's quite simple, he's a cunt.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:56 am

Does he realise that people still care about this site and want to see it continue?
Maybe we should start a petition, put Save Frothers banners in our sigs saying something like "Worried about Frothers health? Call the Doc" or something with links to a petition or to the docs private messages so people could leave expressions of love and esteem/veiled threats?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:Does he realise that people still care about this site and want to see it continue?
Maybe we should start a petition, put Save Frothers banners in our sigs saying something like "Worried about Frothers health? Call the Doc" or something with links to a petition or to the docs private messages so people could leave expressions of love and esteem/veiled threats?

Pointless, if he was interested he'd have done something long ago, it's not like he doesn't know about this.
The best bet is just to have some kind of agreed meeting place for when this site disappears, then make plans to setup a new forum. The FB Frothers group would be the logical emergency rallying point. Those not on FB are probably in touch with others that could pass on info on the quest for a new home.
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
General Paranoia

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 am

Considering how many people jumped ship last time there was a shake up, with good reason IMHO, I don't know how many would make the transition. I think if the site vanished most people would just move on and give Frothers up as a dead loss.

It's not exactly lively now.

Every time I go to post a comment on a mini I get a twinge of guilt like I'm interrupting a funeral service or something.

I think if the place is allowed to die and then you try and restart at a different site all you'll keep is a few hard core members wanting to live in the past and sigh and quote poetry about how inevitable it all was and how much better it was in the old days.

IMHO It's the interaction of all the diverse people with divergent viewpoints that wander in to check things out in this chaotic, well established and lively den of lawlessness on the boarders of oppressive civilisation, and feel free to give their two cents worth, and even stick around if they're so inclined, that make this place different from the "mind your manners and toe the party line or be locked out on the door steep" style of website that is dominant these days.

It's fallen on bad times, but if someone in authority applied a bit of TLC and showed some faith in the site, not to mention some respect for the posters and what they chose to display here, I think it would catch on and people would use it again for more than just whinging about TMP and political trolling.

What about a save Frothers poll?

Something that showed the Doc that people do care and it's not just a few hard core members eyeing off his throne and thinking things would be better if they were in charge, or whatever the hell he thinks is going on when people hit him up for the keys to the site.

It'd be risky because one of the great things about this site is that you don't have to take things here seriously, and can be as irreverent as you wish, so jokesters will screw about and a lot of people that do care will chose to exercise their right to be contrary and ignore any poll or vote flippantly for a bit of a laugh, especially as they won't have any faith in anything coming of it, and all this this will skew any result, perhaps showing the exact opposite to the true state of things...:sigh:

Can't one of you just go over and kneecap the old fart? It'd be much easier.
Australian Dawn

Postby kawasaki » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:07 am

If the nominal owner isn't interested, then he isn't interested.

It's just a fucking webforum. Other webfora are available. Some of them even discuss minis and gaming, even if the majority of the ilk are as dull as fuck.

I'll still miss you twats, but I'm on TWW and LAF if you really feel the need to engage. LAF's PM system works well, and I'm sure you clever people can work out who I am there**. I'm not offering clues for my username at TWW, because frankly if you're that dense I don't want to speak to you :)

**For the harder of thinking, it's Sarge Canard. I never claimed to be original ;)
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby Hermit » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 pm

kawasaki wrote:It's just a fucking webforum.

^ That, in a nutshell. Words that could be echoed for everything that's happened here. From those that have had problems with the committee members and went off in a sulk, to those that spat their dummies out and split to start their own site.

Doc probably does browse this site from time to time and looks at all these acts of pointless immaturity and shakes his head in disbelief as I constantly do. He pays for a site where he lets users do pretty much anything they like and all he gets is: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No wonder he doesn't bother showing on here much.
Hermit

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Shit you can tell you're a Yorkshireman.

Who the fuck is crying?

Just asking if there were a way out other than a 404 error.

You don't care?

Fine.
Bronshtein

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Shit you can tell you're a Yorkshireman.

Who the fuck is crying?

Just asking if there were a way out other than a 404 error.

You don't care?

Fine.

Those that don't care, don't bother to come here.
Some come here to whinge, some to take the piss and some because they are sad cunts. They all care in one way or another or they'd not even bother to look.
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
General Paranoia

Postby kawasaki » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:29 pm

General Paranoia wrote:Some come here to whinge, some to take the piss and some because they are sad cunts.

Some of us tick all the boxes. Don't we?
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box