Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 am

After a series of dreams and portents - you know the sort of thing, frogs, locusts, the Saitch being dry all winter, it occurred to me that Frothers may not long be for this world.

Ignore me if I am rambling but somewhere there is a Froth Fairy who magically weaves skeins of gold to pay the undead hamster of doom to keep this infernal engine spinning. Something is probably going to give? Possibly sooner rather than later?

Does anyone care? Do we care? In not - go and have a cup of hot Bovril laced with your favourite end of days potion. Endex.

If you have thoughts about post apocalyptic survival spare an old man a thought or two.

If/when armageddon arrives I hear tales from certain sources that a thing called a 'Facebook' page exists. Is this so? I have used the arcane google and come up with weird Australian sites re surfing and a couple of charity sculpt sites but little else. Is there a requirement to sacrifice cockerels to the Great One Zuckerberg to be allowed to find these 'pages'? Or am I unclean - don't answer that.

Bottom line - this site is free for the majority of care home residents using it; nothing is free really so where's the dosh coming from? How long will it last? Do we care if/when it runs out? Should we be forking out wadges of cash to someone? Do they want to be bothered any more anyway? And when we hit the iceberg where the fuck is my lifeboat? And does it mean I have to join Farcebook to be saved from my icy doom? Please write your answers on virgin goat skin and burn at the full moon to reach me in the old tower beyond the mountains of boredom asap.
Ta.
Bronshtein

Re: Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby Duff » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:31 pm

As far as I know, it is coasting on the money accrued from mini sales. How much is left, I have no idea.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Drjackson » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Admins not replying to anything does not help
"I sorted out the team formation last night lying in bed with the wife. When your husband's as ugly as me, you'd only want to talk football in bed"
-Harry Rednapp.
Drjackson

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks Roy - didn't know that bit.

As for 'Admins' - I get the impression that apart from one stalwart Ancient Mariner this is a ghost ship? At least in the wardroom.
Asking him to stoppeth one of three on his ownsome seems a bit steep really, and my question wasn't aimed at him/them really - I wondered if anyone else ever thought about it and if there was an escape committee/workers collective ready to take the helm in an emergency.

Apparently 'We're Doomed!'

Or not - the figure sales may have yielded riches beyond the dreams of avarice and will never run out. But if they do, just imagine me sat here entombed in the watery deep saying 'fucking told you so' while you're all swilling pina coladas on La Isla de la Muerte (facebook).
Bronshtein

Postby Drjackson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Jesus.

I meant admin as the owner of the domain and the hosted of the site , not the organ grinders if any are left.

Ie: taking over the forum content , moving to other hosting and looking at the software ( at least the membership issues - bugs ( at least.
"I sorted out the team formation last night lying in bed with the wife. When your husband's as ugly as me, you'd only want to talk football in bed"
-Harry Rednapp.
Drjackson

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't think Christ does social media.

I don't care about the taxonomy of those higher beings - just wondered what the simians down here thought about it all if anything. Not much apparently (not you Drj - replied).
Bronshtein

Postby Hastati » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:10 am

Bronshtein wrote:I don't think Christ does social media.

I don't care about the taxonomy of those higher beings - just wondered what the simians down here thought about it all if anything. Not much apparently (not you Drj - replied).

There is nothing to be done. The owner doesn't want to hand over the keys to the site. Frothers is living on borrowed time. One day it just won't exist. The only real option is to go somewhere else, like the RP boys did.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Duff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:04 pm

A Frothers Google Hangout page would probably be the closet fit for those who hate FB. Or just move over to Random Platypus.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm not trying to kill Frothers by the way - quite the reverse. So not advocating further flight, just wondering if there is a way of keeping it going/reviving it when the current finance model hits the buffers, if that will happen.

I joined RP early on (I find it less engaging than here - though politer - so I am a very infrequent visitor) but at the moment anyway it isn't Frothers.

Facebook - is there a Frothers page? Or is it just individual Frothers pages cross fertilising :shock: I am probably being useless but I haven't found anything that looks like a gathering of Frothers: Charity sculpt pages that have a few things on but not much and lots of pages about surfing and coffee. Is it there and do I need to join Facebook to see it?

Re ownership etc- I'm not trying to dig any history up here, but I wondered if there was any sense of commitment to keeping the place going from people here who traditionally haven't been initiated into the higher mysteries. (I pay £1 per month to Michael at TWW for a polite place to talk and read about wargames - I'd be happy to pay at least twice that to be insulted here and wondered if anyone else would).

Of course that all supposes someone would be happy to admin/moderate( :? ) it into eternity, which is another question even with ownership agreement and financial security.

Don't worry I get bursts of enthusiasm like this. It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow so I'll get diverted and we can all go back to sleep.
Bronshtein

Postby Hastati » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Yes, there is a Frother's Facebook page and yes you need a FB account to post. It gets a lot more painting content. Offers were made to take over Frother's on several occasions, for whatever reason they were rebuffed. Make of that what you will. It tells me the site is on borrowed time.

Frankly, your best bet is to simply start a new website.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Next

Return to Frother Feedback Box