Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon May 15, 2017 7:53 pm

General Paranoia wrote:Trying to pin it all on that thread is a bit of a jump as the place was on the way out well before that even started. Right now it's the only thing preventing Frothers from slipping into a coma.If people stopped posting there the place would be completely dead.
As for Bill, I very much doubt he feels like laughing about anything with his main means of income going down the pan thanks to his own idiocy.

I don't pin Frothers fall on that Thread, it's undue prominence is a detrimental side effect, not the cause, of Frothers decline.
If Frothers was in full health that thread would be put in perspective and assume it's proper proportion and be nearly insignificant in how it influences peoples view of Frothers, the flaws people see there, real and/or imagined, would seem less significant and certainly not representative of a general inclination in Frothers, or likely even in the posters of that thread, towards the sort of bigotry McFonz brought up.
But I'm not too happy with the light it portrays Frothers in if people are seeing us as racist Homo/Transphobic arseholes because of it, and am saying so.
I'm not going to criticise Bill and then pretend our shit don't stink. But I don't think things are really that bad, we're chatting on an internet forum not writing press statements and I think we should be cut some slack, we aren't Racist, Homophobic and Transphobic, the occasionally ill considered post shouldn't be allowed to mar our reputation and brand us as such.
We're just honest and unedited, and so we can come across too strong sometimes, and make some mistakes.

That all sounds a bit weak, I'm really quite annoyed that McFonz wrote those things, people were just as outrageous and prone to politically incorrect outbursts that probably went too far in the old days.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon May 15, 2017 7:57 pm

General Paranoia wrote:you might have had more influence.

:shock:

I don't know whether to be flattered or concerned for your mental health. :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby kawasaki » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

AD don't half go on don't he? It's almost like trolling...
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm

:roll:
I think I'm entitled to respond to McFonz post.
Australian Dawn

Postby Hermit » Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 pm

ungratefuldeadtwats wrote:Everyone else has legged it to a number of other forums/sites. Either facebook groups, LAF or others.

They became too precious for their own good, yet they still tend to sleaze back on here to troll, like redzed did in the earlier post I responded to.

mcfonz nli wrote:Where there was once good natured interactions between 'friends' there is now casual racism....The sort of homophobia/transphobia that has been seen on here, generally is at least distasteful.

Your own perception, which is skewed by your own self-righteous way of thinking as you refer to the situation with Monty-Bill from TMP. He was rightfully exposed for the duplicitous bullshitter that he is, and any racism/homophobia/transphobia was mostly brought in by him and his merry band of trolls from TMP, as you then say...

mcfonz nli wrote:In reality, frothers didn't go to the dark side, TMP came to frothers. Kawasaki is a great example, never really had anything "positive" to contribute outside of the frother pot. Hermit either. And yet very vocal about what this place is and isn't. They are now your upstanding frother citizens. Representing the level of the remaining frothers.

Yet we remained when others, like yourself, didn't. I may not agree with almost everything that Kawasaki says, but at least he's consistant and doesn't throw one when things start to look bad, or can't get his own way.
Hermit

Postby Monkeyborg » Wed May 17, 2017 10:11 am

mcfonz nli wrote:Because it was predominantly built on sculptors, company owners and other industry folk and those that had met them, knew them and understood each others sense of humour and their thresholds.

That sounds very much like the clique you denied existed to me… :lol:

mcfonz nli wrote:Really? I don't see any of those that bitch on here, really contributing elsewhere either. None. Nada.

That'll be due to people using different usernames on different fora, rather than simply an unwillingness to 'contribute'. :roll: Hell, even I joined the Platypus. Twice. (the login setup over there is just as shit as the Frothers one! :lol: )
Monkeyborg

Postby General Paranoia » Wed May 17, 2017 12:29 pm

A lot of people post on a lot of forums, don't imagine that they are unable to tailor their input to fit in with the style of the forum that they are posting on, or that they are unaware of what is happening on other forums.
I myself mainly come to Frothers to help moderate TMP as it's the fastest way to attract Bill's attention. He's very good at ignoring IMs from paying subscribers and advertisers, but responds quickly to issues pointed out here.
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
General Paranoia

Postby kawasaki » Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 pm

General Paranoia wrote:A lot of people post on a lot of forums, don't imagine that they are unable to tailor their input to fit in with the style of the forum that they are posting on, or that they are unaware of what is happening on other forums.

I play nicely on TWW and LAF, but they're not full of cunts :)
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby Duff » Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm

I don't agree with most of Mcfonz's recent posts but "In reality, frothers didn't go to the dark side, TMP came to frothers" seems pretty spot on to me. :(
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby kawasaki » Wed May 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Duff wrote:I don't agree with most of Mcfonz's recent posts but "In reality, frothers didn't go to the dark side, TMP came to frothers" seems pretty spot on to me. :(

Fucking unlucky you insular twat :)

"Oh they're OK I suppose, but I wouldn't want one living next door"

Duff, earlier
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box