Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Post Apocalyptic Frothing?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:24 am

Australian Dawn wrote:It seems to me Frothers, Random Platypus, and TMP are all slowly becoming ghost towns. I wonder if this isn't the beginning of the end for all miniature forums. :(
They just don't seem to be popular anymore. Even old time Frothers like Stedders and Duff seem to pop in less and less.
And when Frothers conked out for a bit a while back I thought it was all over.

I don't get it. Forums beat Face Book hands down IMHO but I seem to be in the minority.

Interesting you think RP is slowly becoming a ghost down, our active membership is actually up!!! :D

In all honesty, forums have been struggling for a while. It's because of blogs either - that's a sort of odd suggestion as blogs are not really 'interactive' as such. More like a diary.

So if people want interactivity it's proper social media and forums. Facebook is the biggest winner there. I know a load of folk that don't bother with forums anymore because of the ease of access of facebook.

Sadly what many people don't realise, and I agree with Brony here, is that Facebook is utterly useless when it comes to longevity of threads or images. So you may see a fantastic paint job on a mini that you also have. When it comes to you wanting to paint it and go to look for it - which in some cases could just be a matter of hours, you struggle to find it again. Especially in massively subscribed groups.

In all honesty RP has grown beyond a forum as well, other types of media communications are used. We have plans for 2 if not 3 tables at Salute this year - with people coming from other continents to help run them. To me, having a forum that 'buzzes' isn't the be all and end all. If RP only had 30 members but we gained as much as we do from it as we do now, I'd be happy, and absolutely fine with that.

So much 'traffic' is drive by, if you have very few activists involved in actually doing stuff then that's when things fall down.

After RP my go to place is LAF. Mainly because of the diversity and I am mainly a 28mm chap so I could also see why that may not appeal to some. I've never really bothered with TWW but then that was born out of TMP, and I have less than ten posts to my name there - since first visiting in the early 00's.

Postby Mcfonz nli » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 am

That was me, just for clarification. :D
Mcfonz nli

Postby Drjackson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:24 am

RP does often seem quiet with only the movies thread going at times
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 am

I thought the same. I'm glad to hear there's activity going on behind the scenes though.

Good luck with those convention tables McFonz.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Previous

Return to Frother Feedback Box