Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby pete » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:24 am

Picador wrote:The old Frothers ain't coming back,the 'committee' are all over on Randy Pillock dissing this place...

THe 'Old' Frothers, from a log-in from 2019...

the 'committee' arn't on RP, you're deluded :loopy:

Can a 'member of the committee' make it a sticky? :lol:

yes
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
pete
Committee Member

Postby pete » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:40 am

Bronshtein wrote:I don't see behind the curtain obviously but does 'cleaning up' the Pot include locking/blocking the 'member' spammers?

as with the rest of the site, its its obviously spam, i'll bin it, and block IP...

How long is 'a while'? I remember when terrorism legislation was a 'temporary' thing. :wry:

good sensible question, with no real answer... i could lock it... and danger wank myself to death... like most thursdays... :wink:

As little time as possible, and not at all if i can help it.

I don't think the SC thread drove any/many away.

Bollocks, it was a massively harmful issue, an and marked the death nell of this Forum.

An unanswerable question. Would any of the committee return do you think if that thread died? Or have they all just moved on/fallen out?

Honestly the 'committee' thing is a red herring, we never did much anyway, other than allowing free space to talk, and the Members did all the work... genius plan really, v.smart man that Doc... but yup if someone did soothing cool, we made them Ass. Members, which they always thought was Associate member, but we knew was really just Ass. Member...

Anyway I reckon its worth a go if you are willing to go to the effort.
Thanks for at least engaging and having a positive approach - even if some of the old drunks in the corner are throwing the odd pint pot about.

yup, i think so...

(Is the loving each other bit compulsory? :| )

Nothing is compulsory... 0:)
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
pete
Committee Member

Postby Picador » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Captain of Ark B. wrote:
Picador wrote:The old Frothers ain't coming back,the 'committee' are all over on Randy Pillock dissing this place...

THe 'Old' Frothers, from a log-in from 2019...

the 'committee' arn't on RP, you're deluded :loopy:

Can a 'member of the committee' make it a sticky? :lol:

yes

You are aware that it's possible to have more than one user account? :roll:

Oh I'm sure some of them are, but whatever you say.

That was humour. Or sarcasm. Maybe irony.

Something that Yanks don't understand anyway.

Before you get tapping to tell me some else that's fucking obvious, I know that doesn't include you.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Picador wrote:You are aware that it's possible to have more than one user account

So why don't you use your other account - the one many may already know you by?
Too scared for some reason?
Or doesn't it work - in which case, what was your other user name?

Postby Picador » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:13 pm

My name is legion.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I suppose the bottom line for me is 'yes please'. :D

I'm all for it too, things can't continue this way. A bit of spam is one thing but this much just tells everyone the place is dead and that nobody cares.

I hope some old Frothers come back, that brexit game shows they're still out there somewhere and it'd be nice if they chose to post here again, and hopefully other gamers will start posting stuff here too.

I do hope we don't lose anyone, I wish we could have a private area or something for the TMP hate talk where the big Bill haters could go and rant all they like without pissing anyone off, that way everyone would be happy, a sort of Frothers blue fez (red sombrero? What's the opposite of a fez?) But I assume that's out of the question.

The spams gotta go, no new thread has a chance in the frothpot the way it is, so if we need to make nice with Bill to make that happen I say we give it a go.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:21 pm

FFS Guesty, Picador's given you enough clues. :roll:
Bronshtein

Postby pete » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Picador wrote:You are aware that it's possible to have more than one user account? :roll:

yes, why should i care

If you present as X, you're X...

Oh I'm sure some of them are, but whatever you say.

Simon is probably there, but as we discussed early his Membership is... err... and maybe Jon... but Jon's is everywhere isn't he? Wargaming's MrNice... i don't know other than that. i don't go....

That was humour. Or sarcasm. Maybe irony.

whatever it was it didn't translate

i sort of don't get much of what you say... soz.
pete
Committee Member

Postby pete » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:I do hope we don't lose anyone, I wish we could have a private area or something for the TMP hate talk where the big Bill haters could go and rant all they like without pissing anyone off, that way everyone would be happy, a sort of Frothers blue fez (red sombrero? What's the opposite of a fez?) But I assume that's out of the question.

Just get a blog... :roll:
pete
Committee Member

Postby pete » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:07 pm

Bronshtein wrote:FFS Guesty, Picador's given you enough clues. :roll:

All wasted on me... yup do tell
pete
Committee Member

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box