Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby blackfly » Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Hermit wrote:Image
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql5.sock' (111) [2002]

"There should be a special term for people who join TMP* in order to complain about something** in their first post(s)." -AECurtis (RIP)

*FUUK
**TMP
blackfly
Associate Member

Postby General Paranoia » Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 pm

An Alert Humphrey wrote:
Only it's not a weekly basis, is it?
It's been a month since Salute, when Duff said he'd been talking to Doc. And in that month there's not been a word or sign of things changing. So, assuming something is said today then the best it would be is a monthly update. But nothing's been said at all. If you'd made updates then I'd understand your exasperation. Is it unreasonable to expect some news, even just the slightest titbit?
Don't get me wrong, I actually applaud the idea of just getting on with things in the background without trumpetting everything. But is that what's happening?
Of course, no one has to give a weekly update, but given all that's been said, and done (a new forum set up which is sucking the life out of this one) I would have thought that some news would have seemed appropriate. Even if it's a 'no news' update. I think all members would like to know is that something is happening, and if nothing is happening, why not. If nothing is happening because no one gives a fuck then at least say. If things are happening, but slowly then say. Just hearing something would keep people happy and may mean that people will continue to support the forum rather than going elsewhere. Is that not obvious?
Oh well.

Help us Obi Dags - you're our only hope...

You just copied that from the Defiance Kickstarter Comments page didn't you? (and with the same likelihood of action!)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:I'm completely against creating a privileged class of TMP members who can break rules with impunity.
General Paranoia

Postby Goldwyrm » Fri May 09, 2014 2:32 am

An Alert Humphrey wrote:Only it's not a weekly basis, is it?
It's been a month since Salute, when Duff said he'd been talking to Doc. And in that month there's not been a word or sign of things changing. So, assuming something is said today then the best it would be is a monthly update. But nothing's been said at all. If you'd made updates then I'd understand your exasperation. Is it unreasonable to expect some news, even just the slightest titbit?

Good fucking lord, you've become such a needy bitch with a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

The spam posts are gone, but on a dare to make a forum there's now another place and that's diluted the posting here. That's worse than the spam. It's like a few folks have decided to now forum cosplay what's been happening in Ukraine.

I hope you all die,

when it's your natural time of course.
It is. And it is not. When it is, and when it is not, is the question or the answer, or both or neither.
Goldwyrm

Postby KingSkin » Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 am

Was there a picture of Yosemite Sam missing from that post? :roll:
"Not gods, but Englishmen. The next best thing."

Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate motherfuckers.

KingSkin

Postby General Paranoia » Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 am

KingSkin wrote:Was there a picture of Yosemite Sam missing from that post? :roll:

Yosemite Sam moved to the other forum. Apparently Goldie was ruining his reputation here :(
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:I'm completely against creating a privileged class of TMP members who can break rules with impunity.
General Paranoia

Postby Goldwyrm » Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 am

It is. And it is not. When it is, and when it is not, is the question or the answer, or both or neither.
Goldwyrm

Postby General Paranoia » Thu May 15, 2014 11:52 am

It's getting bloody ridiculous :cuss:
General Paranoia

Postby Skipp » Thu May 15, 2014 2:42 pm

I got one about 8 am this morning myself...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Hermit » Thu May 15, 2014 5:42 pm

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] wrote:It's getting bloody ridiculous :cuss:

Don't tell me you're starting to lose your faith, Woody (judging by your sudden name change) :(
Hermit

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 am

Is it worth me asking again?
No? No.
Too late now anyway.
An Absent Humphrey

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box