Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:23 pm

I'm guessing that as no-one's offers of help have elicited a response, this is being allowed to drift into oblivion. No criticism of Pete at all, he has soldiered on manfully more or less (or completely?) single handed for some time.
He has said openly that he has no love for the Froth Pot and wouldn't do anything about spam there but the attack on Scouting Reports is a major pain.

I see the domain name registration is due to expire in May. I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, registrations expire and have to be renewed, but it makes you wonder what will happen given Doc's apparent disinterest and the cost of renewing the domain and the forum licence. I believe the money from competitions and sales of figures used to fund things (or at least help) but as we haven't done any of that for some years I'm guessing the money is more or less gone.

Make the most of it people.

The End is Nigh!
Bronshtein

Postby Hermit » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:55 pm

We felt that way the last time it was up for renewal, and yet Doc still renewed it for some reason. I think even he'll decide to cut costs after all the price increases next month.

But the spamskibots keep coming on here, all scavenging for every last worthless rouble :|
Vladimir Putin: An ageing gangster and dictator. So far rammed in the closet that he has to start wars to prove how "macho" he is, whilst driving his country headlong into a third-world neo-communist state.
Hermit

Postby Etranger2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:14 am

Bumpski..
Etranger2

Postby Hermit » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:42 pm

Vlad's mindless bot army are pretty much wrecking Scouting Reports now :|
Vladimir Putin: An ageing gangster and dictator. So far rammed in the closet that he has to start wars to prove how "macho" he is, whilst driving his country headlong into a third-world neo-communist state.
Hermit

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:38 pm

Vinni should report this!
Voice From Limbo

Postby Etranger2 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 am

Fucking spambots can fucking fuck right off to fucking Vlad.
Etranger2

Postby Hermit » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:34 pm

Oh, but won't anyone think of the botski-farm masters? Those poor souls scraping together every, now worthless, rouble they can to pay their gangster leader, Vlad, so that he can carry on with his gibberingly insane war that he's failing at.

There do seem to be cries of help in these endless spam thread titles. Words such as "Lonely" and "Depressed" as well as "Deficit" are standing out :lol:
Hermit

Postby Etranger2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:05 am

They can starve for all I care...
Etranger2

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:50 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I'm guessing that as no-one's offers of help have elicited a response, this is being allowed to drift into oblivion. No criticism of Pete at all, he has soldiered on manfully more or less (or completely?) single handed for some time.
He has said openly that he has no love for the Froth Pot and wouldn't do anything about spam there but the attack on Scouting Reports is a major pain.

I see the domain name registration is due to expire in May. I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, registrations expire and have to be renewed, but it makes you wonder what will happen given Doc's apparent disinterest and the cost of renewing the domain and the forum licence. I believe the money from competitions and sales of figures used to fund things (or at least help) but as we haven't done any of that for some years I'm guessing the money is more or less gone.

Make the most of it people.

The End is Nigh!

The champagne is on ice :D

Postby Etranger2 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:25 am

Bump
Etranger2

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box