FUUK Committe are cunts , OFFICIAL.

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: FUUK Committe are cunts , OFFICIAL.

Postby Skipp » Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm

:beer: I'd have said half three, but the principle remains.

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby anevilgiraffe » Thu May 02, 2013 1:47 am

I've just skimmed this lot, so apologies if this is a stupid point, but do we really need some fancy expensive software upgrade to just let someone else have either a new log in for tech stuff or even the only log in for tech stuff... christ, if all the committee members had the log in for the webmastery bits, half of the problems we'd had wouldn't be a problem.

If said webmastery bits are part of Doc's log in, can a new one be created that has the magic powers and leaves Doc's account unbuggerupable? can the same account be logged on twice? cause that's the only headache I can see with having a shared ID.

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby AKULA » Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 am

This.
AKULA
Associate Member

Postby Roger Theloger » Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 am

Admin account, and Docs account are separate accounts.
ImageImage
Roger Theloger
Associate Member

Postby Skipp » Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 am

Roger Theloger wrote:Admin account, and Docs account are separate accounts.

Still the point remains, admin work could be shared out... it may even help things work better...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby anevilgiraffe » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Roger Theloger wrote:Admin account, and Docs account are separate accounts.

then problem solved, have the admin account details shared amongst the committee, if work needs doing, it can then be done by anyone who's free, rather than wait for Doc to get the time to do it...

am I right in thinking that stuff still needs to be transfered over when Doc has the chance? I'm not that anal about the colour scheme here, but getting a decent banner sorted out would be quite nice.

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby fear_the_squirrels » Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Admin accounts will give, essentially, full access to the server. It brings up some issues:

1) Admin accounts can fuck things up badly, quickly and easily. And fuck them up so they aren't recoverable. Yes there should be backups (Maybe?), but its a pain in the ass.
2) Taking away admin access from someone who had it is dicey. Just changing the passwords isn't enough, especially if its a 'bad breakup'. You don't really know what that person did to the software or what they added that could let them back in.
3) Not sure about UK, but as Doc's name is on the bills presumably, he's the one liable for anything that may happen. If Doc jr decides to host something that gets a hair up someone's ass, Doc is the one they are going to come after.
4) Who did what, when is sometimes annoying. Forum goes down, Doc spends two hours figuring out that Doc Jr changed the database password everywhere but one place.

I'm not claiming these hurdles are insurmountable, but there are reasons for someone to not hand over keys.

-TOC
fear_the_squirrels

Postby Duff » Thu May 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Good points and food for thought, thanks Chris. I wish Doc would add his tuppence worth.

Actually, he'd probably just tell us to fuck off, but it'd be nice to hear. :(
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby fear_the_squirrels » Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 am

I am Doc's chosen and speak for him, he rode a mountain across the ocean to my front door to anoint me with a holy sandwich. He handed me these tablets when I went up the mountain after following some burning bush. We all need to spend another 40 years wandering the facebook desert before reaching the promised land of a CMS. Also we need to kick some squatters out who are living there now. Doc says it'll be cool and groovy though, so no worries. He, aka The Doc, also said that you need to give 10% of all miniature purchases to me, I mean the Church of Latter Day Doc. I have an excel file with how much lead you need to give to me, and through me Doc, so it weighs out against your sin.

-TCO formerly TOC

PS: Shave your duck and your damned to the depths of Warseer for all eternity. Or until the check clears.
fear_the_squirrels

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 am

Who's the bigger cunt?
The cunt or the cunt who follows him?

I got that from the sweary version of Star Wars.
An Absent Humphrey

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box