reflections on the new style and structure

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

reflections on the new style and structure

Postby SkippNLI » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 pm

I guess much of this has already been said, but here goes.

Thanks for putting all the work in, I do appreciate the efforts made to make the forum secure, fit for purpose etc - particularly as you're all volunteers, bravo!

I'm particularly happy you've sorted the logging in / registration issues - perhaps I can look forward to more full on bloop athons in future!

however...

I dont like the splitting off of "scouting" from the rest of the "older/existing" minis section - I get that frothers as it began is very much about new minis (I like that about it) - but unless an admin steps up to regularly shift stuff from new to older sub sections then you've just created a ghost town in the older sections..

you may have a volunteer admin for that, or mod, but if not its gonna become a relentless job...

I'm not a fan of the rounded boxes (i could get used to it, but I'm not sure its worth it)

Edit button - lose it.

logging in relogging in - seems to constantly kick me out between sessions (despite ticking the log me in box) - I'm on mozilla firefox (pc) and safari (iphone and ipad) - all of them the same, is there a work round for this?

avatars are on the wrong side...

and please bring back the red, gray, black theme, and lose the header - its a bit shit imo.

having said all that, I havent had to lift a finger, and do appreciate you cant please all the people all the time etc. and so forth - If you could do one thing - bring back the boxy red black and grey theme and lose the shit header...

8)
SkippNLI

Re: reflections on the new style and structure

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Yep, I'm finding having to log in every time a pain in the arse too, despite ticking the log me in automatically box :twisted:
Mongrel

Postby wait, what? » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Yep, cookie getting lost very frequently on chrome despite checking the box, and every single time from the mobile. Aggravating int he extreme but I appreciate how hard that might be to debug.
bloggy blog blog blog checkyourcorners.blogspot.com
wait, what?

Postby Gi6ers » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Looks great on my phone but the new sections are arse
Gi6ers

Postby mcfonz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 pm

We're not supposed to talk about splitting up the frothzone. Or so I've been lead to believe.

Thanks for sorting the shadows though, much better as a result.
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby Duff » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 pm

SkippNLI wrote:If you could do one thing - bring back the boxy red black and grey theme and lose the shit header...

8)

I have to agree with that, the current colour scheme makes me feel like I'm posting in a minimilist kitchen.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Hermit » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 pm

I like the way MSN links under everyone's avatar (those that have it) looks like a small cock and balls. Which is just about right for MSN users :lol:

I didn't think MSN was still around :?

But yeah, get rid of the shit grey theme, because it's shit.
Hermit

Postby mcfonz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 pm

MSN will shortly be merged with Skype I believe. Or so my msn keeps saying anyway.
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby Condottiero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Mongrel wrote:Yep, I'm finding having to log in every time a pain in the arse too, despite ticking the log me in automatically box :twisted:

Yo Mongrel dude, the solution is here and it works.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Condottiero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Duff wrote:
SkippNLI wrote:If you could do one thing - bring back the boxy red black and grey theme and lose the shit header...

8)

I have to agree with that, the current colour scheme makes me feel like I'm posting in a minimilist kitchen.

I like minimalist kitchen design and if I had the funds and owned a house, would look to IKEA.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Next

Return to Frother Feedback Box