Forum structure

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Forum structure

Postby manatic » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

The current version of Frothers is a bit heavy with the subsections. While the active topics can be browsed all in one go, I feel that the many subforums make browsing that extra bit heavier without providing much. Do we really need separate sections for comics and books, or for movies and tv?

TMP is the most god-awful example of this, with approximately 300 boards along the lines of "Early 13th century cardstock wargaming in Swedish using DBM".
"Ten Tigers and a Coke for the boy!"

Blog @ dawnofthelead.com
manatic

Re: Forum structure

Postby mcfonz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I agree. Especially when it comes to browsing using mobile devices where more subforums means more data useage.

I'd have kept the frothzone exactly as it was.

Amalgamated the CCG and boardgame sub forums, same with comics and books, TV and movies as you say.

However I would have considered expanding the market place to include sub forums for ebay spammers, merchants marketplace for companies to state release schedules and special offers and a final one for the average Joe to flog their tat normally (not ebay).

I would also consider the wargames misc and if it is worth having a terrain and board making sub forum and a battle report and wargames rule section.
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby Doc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am

In other words you would merge areas you aren't interested in, and create more forums in areas you are interested in?
Doc
Site Admin

Postby redzed » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am

lump TV,Film, Books, comics, podcasts, radio into one 'Media' section.

or comics+books=reading section, TV+Films=Watching section, Music+Podcasts+radio= listening section

split the market place into two, Brand New Spanky Toy Section (for all those firms offering there wares) and Second-Hand Tat Section (for 'us' to sell cheap to each other and ebay all posts removed after 14 days).
splitting Col Marbles bit was ok but putting new releases etc into one big pot didn't really work. :D

definitely merge CCG with Board games.
redzed

Postby Doremi Fasol Latido » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Or just drop the CCG board entirely as no one has played one of those games for at least 8 years.
Doremi Fasol Latido

Postby Rev Nice » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Right, so this begins as a plea for cutting down on boards and develops into the suggestion that we should axe a board that is easily avoided and ignored and expand the others into a multiple tentacle rape beast...

In that case, I suggest we scrap the majority of the boards and have a special section for Dwarf chicks - as follows:

Painting Dwarf Chicks
New saucy Dwarf Chick sculpts
Saucy dwarf chick minis you may have missed
Saucy dwarf chick showcase
Donation board for enabling the Chair to buy all the saucy Dwarf chick minis that he currently can't afford as he's going to get married (to a saucy Dwarf chick)

Actually scrub the last sentence - she'll fucking kill me if she sees that..!!
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby redzed » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Right, so this begins as a plea for cutting down on boards and develops into the suggestion that we should axe a board that is easily avoided and ignored and expand the others into a multiple tentacle rape beast...

In that case, I suggest we scrap the majority of the boards and have a special section for Dwarf dicks - as follows:

Painting Dwarf dicks
New saucy Dwarf dick sculpts
Saucy dwarf dick minis you may have missed
Saucy dwarf dick showcase
Donation board for enabling the Chair to buy all the saucy Dwarf dick minis that he currently can't afford as he's going to get married (to a saucy Dwarf dick)

Actually scrub the last sentence - she'll fucking kill me if she sees that..!!

say what you mean.
redzed

Postby Rev Nice » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Yes, it's true.
I only keep trying to buy that old Citadel 'Hole in the wall gang' set in the hope that you can actually see the dwarf cocks.
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby Skipp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Doremi Fasol Latido wrote:Or just drop the CCG board entirely as no one has played one of those games for at least 8 years.

Amen.

On a serious note unless you have a team of admin ready and willing to shift posts, I foresee issues with the scouting and mess hall posts... When does a mini stop being one scouted already and become one for discussion over kedgeree in the mess hall?

Or am I just wrong?

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby egstonvonbrick » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 pm

>>When does a mini stop being one

When people get bored and only bother adding posts to one of these threads... ooh about Friday then! ;)

Cheers
Ev
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
egstonvonbrick

Next

Return to Frother Feedback Box