Problems with new forums...

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Problems with new forums...

Postby webmaster » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello all!

OK so here we have some new forums, which means a few new items to get your heads around and a few things have been moved to places they weren't before (which can always be unsettling).

Some tips:

1. A number of things have been set back a bit to create a simpler (looking) interface, e.g.:
    1. Some boards have now been grouped into categories - you can click to view the whole category or go through to your fave subforum from the home page, but obviously you can't post to a category.
    2. Your post box is in your User Control Panel, as is your profile, settings and Friends and Foes list (you'll need to rebuild this)
  2. On the subject of post boxes, this will no longer delete old mails when your folder is full, you will now need to clear some space before you can view new messages. However you can set a load of new rules (or revert to autodelete) including creating new folders which each have their own size limits.
  3. Guests or those who aren't logged in will need to answer a simple question before they can post - this is better than direct moderation (in that it is quicker and requires less work on our part) and captchas (which always get cracked within 2 hours of being set up). Just pick the right answer from the list (which is written as one word e.g. Q) C3P0 is GreenRedToastGoldMuppet A) Gold)
Any other problems, and there are bound to be a few, post them here. General site questions stick them in this forum and some kind frother will help out.

Your friendly neighbourhood webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Problems with new forums...

Postby DemonEtrigan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I have no access to the wargames Misc or the Fantasy warriors sub areas. It lets me into the War Room but then tells me I do not have permissions to look at the sub areas.
DemonEtrigan

Postby Hastati » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:30 pm

DemonEtrigan wrote:I have no access to the wargames Misc or the Fantasy warriors sub areas. It lets me into the War Room but then tells me I do not have permissions to look at the sub areas.

Same for me. Strange and fuuked, but not in a good way.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Doc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

DemonEtrigan wrote:I have no access to the wargames Misc or the Fantasy warriors sub areas. It lets me into the War Room but then tells me I do not have permissions to look at the sub areas.

Hastati wrote:Same for me. Strange and fuuked, but not in a good way.

Now?
Doc
Site Admin

Postby Hastati » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Doc wrote:

Hastati wrote:Same for me. Strange and fuuked, but not in a good way.

Now?

You have done well oh mighty and mythical one. You may return to your blissful and enlightened fortress of solitude. Many thanks.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Voltan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:42 pm

I like the way the link in the news item on the front page leads to the contest page.
Andrew Cockney Rae wrote:Elbows and knees, elbows and knees!

Voltan

Postby Doc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Voltan wrote:I like the way the link in the news item on the front page leads to the contest page.

So it does! Cheers Voltan.
Doc
Site Admin

Postby anevilgiraffe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 pm

it's doesn't remember me when I tick the remember me ticky thing, so I have to log on every time I visit

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby Doc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

anevilgiraffe wrote:it's doesn't remember me when I tick the remember me ticky thing, so I have to log on every time I visit

Tried clearing all your cookies? (there is link to do this at the bottom right)
Doc
Site Admin

Postby redzed » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

who chose the 'new' design?
redzed

Next

Return to Frother Feedback Box