OK so here we have some new forums, which means a few new items to get your heads around and a few things have been moved to places they weren't before (which can always be unsettling).
- A number of things have been set back a bit to create a simpler (looking) interface, e.g.:
- Some boards have now been grouped into categories - you can click to view the whole category or go through to your fave subforum from the home page, but obviously you can't post to a category.
- Your post box is in your User Control Panel, as is your profile, settings and Friends and Foes list (you'll need to rebuild this)
- On the subject of post boxes, this will no longer delete old mails when your folder is full, you will now need to clear some space before you can view new messages. However you can set a load of new rules (or revert to autodelete) including creating new folders which each have their own size limits.
- Guests or those who aren't logged in will need to answer a simple question before they can post - this is better than direct moderation (in that it is quicker and requires less work on our part) and captchas (which always get cracked within 2 hours of being set up). Just pick the right answer from the list (which is written as one word e.g. Q) C3P0 is GreenRedToastGoldMuppet A) Gold)
Your friendly neighbourhood webmaster