Problems with registration, activation, email changes

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby Colonel Kane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Yeah, I'm sorry but the 'new password' function is fucked.
The main reason for members being get kicked out of their accounts is when they put in a new e-mail addy in their profile.

For some reason, the software gets confused and refuses to acknowledge the changes and just throws a hissy fit.
The only solution to this is a manual fix.

Funnily enough, I went to change my email on the Victorian Wars Forum this afternoon and had the same thing happen. That's phpBB wossname too. Wonder if its worth asking their owner if they know anything about it?

Either way, I won't be attempting to update my email address on Frothers as I know that even looking at the screen askance can cause it to go down like a cheap proverbial.
"Not-Made-From-Meat-Made-From-Zoats-Instead-Ibix"
Colonel Kane

Postby Blackhole » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Right lets try this...just sent a registration form thing through, would like to take a moment to reassure Doc that the Blackhole is a person not a spam account. 0;)
Blackhole

Postby Juuso SUTLI » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Password reset still not working, still unable to login. Running out of rations. Please send help. Best Wishes, Juuso.
Juuso SUTLI

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 pm

So, basically no then?

Juuso

Silent Invader NLI

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 am

Hi

username: Silent Invader

I forgot my password and tried resetting. Received the email but clicking the link gives me a Not Authorised message. Any chance you can intervene to let me back in?

Cheers :)

Postby Wachaza NLI » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Password reactivation is fuuked. Any chance of a reboot?
Wachaza NLI

Postby *01i* » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi, I'm Oli the owner of Table Warfare.

I registered an account back in November with my Table Warfare email address (username = 01i), but it's not yet been authorised.

The guys on the Facebook page suggested that there was either a large backlog, or that I'd been incorrectly assumed to be a spammer.

They directed me to post about it in this forum.

The boards would not let me post this using `01i` as the guest name, so that at least means the account has not been deleted.
*01i*

Postby Rev Nice » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Oli, I pointed you to this area on Facebook.
I can't really second guess Doc but the name 01i probably stands a good chance of being mistaken for a spammer.

The way round this is under interests to put something 'Doc! I'm a Frother not a bloody spammer!'

Hopefully, this is just a backlog problem though and will soon be resolved.
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby Wachaza NLI » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Hopefully, this is just a backlog problem though and will soon be resolved.

Waves hob-nob forlornly..... :(
Wachaza NLI

Postby Condottiero can't login » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am

Condottiero

Updated my email, but now can't log in...
Condottiero can't login

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box