Problems with registration, activation, email changes

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Problems with registration, activation, email changes

Postby webmaster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

OK

Sorry all for the problems we are having with registering new users, or for those who have attempted to change their email address only to find that their account cannot be reactivated.

For background - we have been for a number of months receiving over a hundred spam registrants for every legitimate new user. It takes a long time to visually scan through these trying to pick out who might be real, and it is mind-numbingly boring. Occasionally some of the real ones get swept out too, for which we are truly sorry - FU!UK is founded on a principle of free access, so the delays and accidental deletions make us very sad. :(

We tend to activate accounts in batches, so if the newest user listed on the forum home has changed and you didn't get an activation, you might need to try again (sorry, sorry).

How you can help

If you are registering as a new user:
    Have a username that is not a string of incomprehensible characters (if your preferred name is really xXyyr!66d then you can always change it later)
    Have hobbies that relate to the site, or just leave it blank. If your hobbies genuinely include selling handbags, investment opportunities or Kim Kardashian's photo album - change it later
    If you are really struggling, post here as a guest, and tell us the username you used

If you are an existing user with a similar activation problem, post your username here ASAP - you won't appear on the list of new attempted registrants so we won't be looking for your account activation code.

We know its a pain, we're trying to work towards a major upgrade to sort this out (which should have an edit button too) but this is also an involved task which is having resources diverted by the attempt to keep the hamsters in this old bugger alive in the mean time.

Froth be with you all.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 pm

NAVARRO, potter666 and Dave B (BadTemperedOldGamer), you should be receiving activation e-mails.
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby NAVARRO » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 pm

All good here! Thanks!
NAVARRO

reactivation

Postby Arthurdent(can't log on) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 am

Dags sent me here :D if you could please reactivate me, promise not to change email addresses again.
Arthurdent(can't log on)

Postby Shelfunit the Unactivated » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Still waiting for activation after registering with 3 different emails over the last several months. Username always Shelfunit.
Shelfunit the Unactivated

Saxonangel still in limbo

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:57 am

username: Saxonangel

existing frother... wishing to reactivate.

Please? 0:)

Postby Dave B » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Nothing received yet...
Dave B

Postby Saxonangel... » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 am

nuthin here either... :cry:
Saxonangel...

Postby DemonE NLI » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:02 am

Username : Demonetrigan

problem : stupidly changed my email to my new one...dooh!!!

help. no email received to let me activate the new one.
DemonE NLI

Postby DemonE NLI » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

DemonE NLI wrote:Username : Demonetrigan

problem : stupidly changed my email to my new one...dooh!!!

help. no email received to let me activate the new one.

ECHO....ECHO....ECHO.....

has someone killed the hamsters?
DemonE NLI

Next

Return to Frother Feedback Box