ADSL broadband - providers

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

ADSL broadband - providers

Postby Skipp » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:34 am

Hey up,

Looking for recommendations (or otherwise) on broadband providers.

I'm leaving the sunny uplands of a cable connection, and moving back to ADSL as my only option for an Internet connection.
I want the fattest, fastest service available (which for my postcode looks like 37mbps)...

So I reckon it comes down to service, any companies you'd reccomend - am looking for stable service, decent customer service and lastly quick activation set up..

Thanks for your time.

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Re: ADSL broadband - providers

Postby SpaceCudet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:27 am

I've been with PlusNet for the longest time and never had any problems (and I can get a bit of money off my bill for referring you :)
"We do have some nice archaeology but that's fuck all use when you have an anal prolapse." Rev Nice
SpaceCudet

Postby Hermit » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:34 pm

They're all pretty shit, but PlusNet is the one I use as well. Their customer service has suffered a bit lately, but at least it's not as bad as TalkTalk.

I'm still on their PlusNet Value service. They don't advertise that anymore, but they better not fucking move me from it! :evil:

It's difficult to get cheap packages like that these days. Now every ISP insists you take out line rental with them as well. That shite shouldn't be forced on customers :(
Hermit

Postby andrewbeasley » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:49 am

Also with Plusnet - middle of nowhere and moved to a business agreement. Very expensive but best in the village!

Service for line faults been excellent and technical support A1 but then at £60+ per month I would expect it. That gives me a six Mbps down and 0.7 up with fixed IP address.
andrewbeasley

Postby freakinacage » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:51 pm

I've only heard good stuff about plusnet
freakinacage

Postby aliensurfer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm using Sky. Only problems I've had are when the people BT sub-contract too have put in new lines and patched them into an existing one. When I play BF4 I'm getting a ping of 7-8 normally, not bad (doesn't help me though as I'm still shit) :D
aliensurfer

Postby pete284 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Been with Sky for several years transferring from Virgin whi kept bottling me at night. No issues with Sky 6-7mb and use 100+gb of data per month but no throttling and very rarely goes down.
Pete Jones
"I would never join a club that would allow me as a member."
- Groucho Marx
pete284

Return to Virtual Frother