Help with Outlook

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Help with Outlook

Postby Duff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Emails I send through Outlook are showing as sent but don't arrive at their destination. Emails I send online directly from my email account are fine and I'm receiving emails without any problems. Any savvy Frothers out there who could give me some advice?
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Re: Help with Outlook

Postby fear_the_squirrels » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:20 pm

*ALL* the emails don't work or just some?
Is your local anti-virus catching them?
Are you sending out on port 25? Try switching to one of the encrypted out ports for your ISP (587/465 I think)
Do your emails tell people one weird trick for increasing their penis size?

-TOC
fear_the_squirrels

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 pm

fear_the_squirrels wrote:*ALL* the emails don't work or just some?
Are you sending out on port 25? Try switching to one of the encrypted out ports for your ISP (587/465 I think)

-TOC

You see, this is just the problem with computers and computer people. They just don't get it.
Anyone who understands that advice didn't need it in the first place.

Duff, maybe I can bring the broadside of my technical knowledge to bear on this problem of yours. Hmm...yeah...hmmm. I think I have it - it's fucked.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Ooo..ooo! No! No! I've got it!
Have you tried CTRL/Alt/Delete?
It's either that or try pressing the keys a bit harder and swearing.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Or maybe you could try looking at this picture of a cute bunny...

Look at the little fella, eh? His little floppy ears and his lovely little nosey wosey. That's gotta help, hasn't it?
An Absent Humphrey

Postby fear_the_squirrels » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 pm

A Chaotic Humphrey wrote:
fear_the_squirrels wrote:*ALL* the emails don't work or just some?

-TOC

You see, this is just the problem with computers and computer people. They just don't get it.

Duff, maybe I can bring the broadside of my technical knowledge to bear on this problem of yours. Hmm...yeah...hmmm. I think I have it - it's fucked.

If you'd like to make a complaint, I can pretend to transfer you to my manager? In reality I'm going to let you sit on hold, go have a smoke, then disconnect you.

-TOC
fear_the_squirrels

Postby andrewbeasley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Duff wrote:Emails I send through Outlook are showing as sent but don't arrive at their destination. Emails I send online directly from my email account are fine and I'm receiving emails without any problems. Any savvy Frothers out there who could give me some advice?

First thing

Mac or PC?

Second thing

What version of Outlook?

Third thing

Any anti-virus software loaded on your machine?

Fourth thing

Who is you internet provider for your mail (normally your broadband but does not have to be)

Feel free to PM me - I'll help as much as I can but am working odd hours for a go live in two weeks
andrewbeasley

Postby Duff » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks for the replies Andrew. PC, Office 2007 version of Outlook, BT for emails (but not for broadband), Windows 10 anti virus. No idea about ports or things like that. Everything was working fine until the weekend, when I switched to a wireless internet connection. Not sure if that is connected as it may have been a day after that that the problem with email started.

Chris, I'd like to speak to your manager please.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Steders » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:32 pm

A Chaotic Humphrey wrote:You see, this is just the problem with computers and computer people. They just don't get it.

Exactly Humph
I fucking hate IT scum, bunch of low life fucking nerds with no personality lording It over normal people. Fuck you, back at school you'd be wearing your y fronts round your ears and your school bag would be under a bus.
Steders

Postby andrewbeasley » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Duff wrote:Thanks for the replies Andrew. PC, Office 2007 version of Outlook, BT for emails (but not for broadband), Windows 10 anti virus. No idea about ports or things like that. Everything was working fine until the weekend, when I switched to a wireless internet connection. Not sure if that is connected as it may have been a day after that that the problem with email started.

Chris, I'd like to speak to your manager please.

Have you just upgraded to 10 or could you send after the upgrade?

10 has a known habit of trashing Office files as it thinks they need to be 'protected'.

If this is just after the upgrade (and even if its not):

Right click on the Start button of Windows and choose: Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin)
Type: sfc /scannow
Note one space between 'c' and '/'
Go make a cuppa as it can take 30 mins (faster with an SSD)
Restart and retry

As for the other comments - I was going to be a lumberjack and got distracted with a summer job that has taken 30 years of my life so stick that in your kiddy attitude and smoke it :wry:
andrewbeasley

Next

Return to Virtual Frother