Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain

Postby pedro » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:13 am

Lately I'm not that much into computer games, but I'm curious about this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wa ... p-mountain
Cheers,
Pedro
pedro

Re: Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain

Postby Hermit » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:04 pm

They've done a decent job of scanning in the Otherworld Miniatures they've used. Looks a good game, but I have the cynical feeling they're doing their kickstarter to gain publicity for it rather than for the extra funding.
Hermit

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 am

Here's a review from an Australian kiddie Game review show:

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/goodgamesp/t ... 644480.htm
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 am

Oh shit, I didn't notice how old this thread was, sorry for the threadomancy. :oops:

Anyway, no idea if the review can be viewed outside of Aus.

Here's the full ep on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8oZBUX_DdA
Australian Dawn

Postby Hermit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 pm

What a thoroughly annoying presenter. Was he a sperm during the 1980s when he claims to have first played Fighting Fantasy gamebooks? He was using the wrong dice in that intro for a start. He certainly didn't know that the "cheat mode" in the game references the way some would play those books.

And the robot looks like Metal fucking Mickey. Now that is going back to the 80s :lol:
Hermit

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

I quite like Bajo, he's a hypo troll but that seems to be his real personality, and at least he seems to be a real gamer with a real love of gaming, not just a presenter pretending to give a shit.
He's doing a children's Sci-fi comedy show called Trip for Biscuits at the moment where he pretty much plays himself, so very much a geeky comic fanboy I'd say.
It's pretty good for an Aussie kiddies show, I'm watching with an eye to making a crew for Sci-fi skirmish (probably rogue stars) Depending on where the story goes.

I tend to think Rad, the female presenter, talks down to the kiddies to much though, I like her but she's very OTT and LOUD.
She was much better in her cameos on the adult show.
Maybe she'll grow into the part.

I'll miss Bajo's old co-host Hex though, very :froth: :froth: :froth: and her dry reserved presenting style offset Bajo's manic insanity nicely, as Nickboy's sarcasm did Rad's over-exuberance.

Now that Hex and Nickboy have done a bunk we are in the less than satisfactory position of having the target audience split between one kiddie gaming show, hosted by the manic and unhinged albeit enthusiastic hosts(The ABC having had a hissy and dropped the adult Good Game entirely when Hex and Nickboy defected to another network over the hols), And one as yet to be seen show on another network, hosted by two Arch Snarkers, albeit one with legs to die for, we'll see how that goes.

I came across this thread looking into gamebook computer game adaptions as I was curious to see if the Lone wolf books might be getting an adaption if Firetop mountain was, the Author having just died and all, but so far no dice, at least as far as I can tell.

Firetop looks better than I expected though.
Australian Dawn

Return to Virtual Frother