Tablets

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Tablets

Postby freakinacage » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:17 pm

A work colleague is looking to buy a largish screened tablet. Something to do work on, so don't need to worry about games or videos or the camera. Something that will be functional. I reckon staying away from apple as they dont have removable memory or usb ports.

Not too expensive. Ideas? Help is much appreciated
freakinacage

Re: Tablets

Postby aliensurfer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Given he seems to want USB ports and removable memory I think you'll probably looking at a Windows tablet, given it's also for work. If he does go for one, make sure it's not the RT surface but the RT surface Pro - the former is a bitch to use and can only install apps. The later allows you to install normal windows programs.
aliensurfer

Postby freakinacage » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am

Well she only wants to be able to use word or an equivalent. The Samsung tabs have polaris office on them which can convert from and to a word format. It basically rules out ipads, she wants something cheaper for a start. I thought the windows tabs were expensive?
freakinacage

Postby aliensurfer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:20 pm

yeh they are. you can get an android based tablet for £40/50 upwards and most will have basic apps to do what she wants. problem is, the more you want to use it as a work tool and use it professionally, the more expensive one you'll need to buy.
aliensurfer

Postby freakinacage » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Well I say work, I mean documents etc. She does what I do so she doesn't need it for her job but probably does rent stuff for the houses she has etc. It's not to be used for games, apps or tv
freakinacage

Postby Gi6ers » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Then she doesn't need a tablet, midrange chromebook is a better fit.
Gi6ers

Return to Virtual Frother