Elite Dangerous is fucking brilliant!

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Elite Dangerous is fucking brilliant!

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 pm

They released the one player game to Standard Beta backers yesterday. I had a feeling that they might do that at some point before the standard beta started :D

I've been playing on it and it's fucking ace what I've seen so far. The flight model's much better than Star Shitizen and it just feels like a decent space sim. Right now, I'm trying to sort out a decent controller for it and seeing if I customise the controls for a gamepad.

Get in on the Standard Beta, it starts at the end of the month!
Hermit

Re: Elite Dangerous is fucking brilliant!

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I bloody well told you all :roll:
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Doesn't matter to me if you think I am Monty Schwab. In fact, I would be proud to be Monty Schwab. He's making a difference in the world. More of us should be like him!
General Paranoia

Postby aliensurfer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:45 pm

might give it a go, was too young for the original, knew a bloke who became Elite though, - apparently that was quite difficult to do?
aliensurfer

Postby KingSkin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Everyone "knew a bloke who became Elite". My mate Terry also reckons in 1996 he knocked Chuck Norris out in the Dixons in town. And when he was 7 Darth Vader came to stay at his house, which is why he wasn't allowed out at the weekend but we weren't allowed in because Darth Vader would force choke us to death. Although later I heard it was because his mum caught him in her knicker drawer.

Anyway, I don't have a machine which could hope to run this at the moment. Unless they turn out an Android one. With moderate tech requirements. :(
"Not gods, but Englishmen. The next best thing."

Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate motherfuckers.

KingSkin

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 pm

aliensurfer wrote:was too young for the original

Fuck off, you're not fooling anyone!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Doesn't matter to me if you think I am Monty Schwab. In fact, I would be proud to be Monty Schwab. He's making a difference in the world. More of us should be like him!
General Paranoia

Postby aliensurfer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 pm

KingSkin wrote:Everyone "knew a bloke who became Elite". My mate Terry also reckons in 1996 he knocked Chuck Norris out in the Dixons in town. And when he was 7 Darth Vader came to stay at his house, which is why he wasn't allowed out at the weekend but we weren't allowed in because Darth Vader would force choke us to death. Although later I heard it was because his mum caught him in her knicker drawer.

Anyway, I don't have a machine which could hope to run this at the moment. Unless they turn out an Android one. With moderate tech requirements. :(

lol, I witnessed the level - was the guy who was showing me the game on his BBC Model B (iirc) - was mate of my dads.

and fuck off Woody :lol:
aliensurfer

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:35 pm

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] wrote:I bloody well told you all :roll:

I don't recall you saying anything of the sort. If I remember rightly your advice was:

SQUIRREL ERROR wrote:Put all your money into Star Citizen. Trust me, you can't go far wrong. Everyone else is throwing money at it and they can't be wrong, can they? I mean, It's not as if they're brainwashed or anything. Only a cunt would back Elite Dangerous.

No bullshit here. This is actually me posting from over a year ago, honest. If you don't believe me, then why would I still have a signed photo of Rolf Harris?

:P
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 pm

How's your space commode?
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Like Star Citizen - full of shit.
Hermit

Postby Ace From Outer Space » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 am

Release it on the Mac you cunts!
Ace From Outer Space

Next

Return to Virtual Frother