Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby Hermit » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 pm

:evil:

Now CIG are doing "10 questions for the chairman" with only subscribers being able to ask him anything. Seems that CIG think their subscribers should be the only ones that can do that. What a bunch of fucking gobshites! :evil:

They'll have their own region of space in the game next.
Hermit

Postby spectacle » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 am

Hermit wrote::evil:

Now CIG are doing "10 questions for the chairman" with only subscribers being able to ask him anything. Seems that CIG think their subscribers should be the only ones that can do that. What a bunch of fucking gobshites! :evil:

They'll have their own region of space in the game next.

I think I heard that they already do...
spectacle

Postby General Paranoia » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:37 pm

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/85841/pirates-will-you-kill-escape-pods/p1

They don't seem to factored in psychotic killers for whom collecting their frozen corpses for a barbecue is the primary concern with the cargo being an optional extra. Oh well I guess they'll learn the hard way... 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Most of them are staying in safe space anyway by the looks of it :roll: I'll only be doing that with my trader. The real gaming will come with my pirate. And yeah, I'm looking forward to pissing on a few parades there :twisted:

I hope they allow players the option to start in nullsec space (I think they'll be doing that). If not, we'll have to make sure we rush out there with our pirates as soon as the game gets going and set up on some world or base.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:50 am

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:42 pm

I think they posted that picture before. The scary part is that most actually think he's some kind of gaming messiah who'll make all their dreams come true :roll:
Hermit

Postby Hermit » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 pm

I took a bit of time to read the annoucement by Chris Roberts that sparked that thread because he does waffle on alot:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ogfighting

But reading between the lines, he's pretty much saying that they've been pissing about too much and no-one can stop them because they don't have a publisher breathing down their necks. Makes you realise how important publishers are in the commercial gaming world. They're the ones that kick arses to get things finished on time.

Everyone on the SC forum seem to have been collectively brainwashed into forgetting that the dogfighting module should have been released last month at the end of LTI. Now it's delayed another two months, they're all saying how wonderful that is. I mean, fuck me, even sheep bleet in distress before they're slaughtered! :roll:

And to make this situation even more surreal, he's going to be showing them footage of what they SHOULD be playing now. And they think that's so generous of him. I mean, it's not rubbing salt in the wound, is it? :roll:

Meanwhile at Frontier Developments...
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Actually there has been far more unrest on the forums, but all the complaints have been moderated out of existence within minutes of appearing. There's a huge iceberg of furious entitlement under the surface of that forum.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm

It's one of the many reasons I rarely post on there. Those that don't like the way the game is heading seem to always get silenced or pounced upon by the resident Church of Roberts acolytes.

I think the real reason why the dogfighting alpha has been delayed is mostly due to the Elite Dangerous alpha. I get the impression that they didn't think it would be as good as it is. So it may be more than a coincidence that it's been put back a couple of months. I don't know whether you noticed the heavily veiled sideswipes at Elite, with comments along the lines that they want it to be more than just a simple shooter against NPCs.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 pm

SC's biggest handicap is it's community and the fact that none of then are used to waiting. Now all the new ships and addons have stopped they are already beginning to fight amongst themselves, imagine what it will be like in a year!
General Paranoia

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Frother