Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby Squeaky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 am

..ohhhh....bright lights /wanders off
Squeaky

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 am

Squeaky wrote:..ohhhh....bright lights /wanders off

I also want "squeal like a piggy" sound effects in the game... 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby General Paranoia » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 pm

The dogfighting module was supposed to be for release at the end of this month :( If they're pushing it back another month, then it'll be probably ready for early next year.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Last chance for anyone to get a lifetime insured ship. They have the Aurora LX + LTI for sale today, which is the cheapest entry level ship. Tomorrow they will have the military ships, the Super Hornet + LTI which is their top level fighter and the Anvil Gladiator & Aegis Retaliator which are both torpedo bombers. Monday will be the big Starfarer cargo ship then after that the lifetime insurance is finished and no one gets that perk on purchases anymore.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

The Aurora's the one that people should go for, and the only one they need to get into the game. I wonder how they're going to put together these cash grabs when LTI is done with?
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Hermit wrote:The Aurora's the one that people should go for, and the only one they need to get into the game. I wonder how they're going to put together these cash grabs when LTI is done with?

No idea, they are supposed to be releasing a new alien ship on Tuesday, however without LTI there would be no point in getting it now, you might as well wait for the game.
As it stands the Aurora starter package right now ($40) is a bargain as you are getting an LTI ship and access to the game for less than if you were to buy the game on release. Everything else can be earned in game. I only got a couple of ships during the kickstarter before the market went mental, since then I've just been using the money I made from selling that rare ship outside of the game. The Super Hornet seems like the dogfighting ship to aspire to. I certainly don't see the point of the large crewed ships like the Idris myself, maybe if you have a large guild it might be a useful ship as part of an assault group, but really this isn't a big battle game.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 pm

They're just white elephants those big ships. Nothing but large blundering targets. I can't imagine other players crewing them for long and obeying orders from the player that owns it, so they'll probably be mostly crewed by NPCs.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 am

Hermit wrote:They're just white elephants those big ships. Nothing but large blundering targets. I can't imagine other players crewing them for long and obeying orders from the player that owns it, so they'll probably be mostly crewed by NPCs.

I imagine it won't be long before some form of Hulkageddon* springs up with Idrises as the target (at least there will if I have my way :wink: )

*https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Hulkageddon and is the reason they have their panties in a twist over Goonswarm showing an interest in SC
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Goonswarm do have the game in their sights, and if SC bring in restrctions to combat them then the game will end up a carebear party with flashy graphics. I'd happily help take down one of these capships, if only to see the owner of it whinge on the forum later about how unfair it all is :lol:
Hermit

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Frother