Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby aliensurfer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Woodwose wrote:
aliensurfer wrote:can we get a burberry paintjob on our ship and bling it up a bit?

Of course, but no doubt yours will spend most of it's time on blocks in your hangar

but I've posted crew wanted posters and adverts everywhere, just no one seems to want work :(
aliensurfer

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 pm

aliensurfer wrote:
Woodwose wrote:
aliensurfer wrote:can we get a burberry paintjob on our ship and bling it up a bit?

Of course, but no doubt yours will spend most of it's time on blocks in your hangar

but I've posted crew wanted posters and adverts everywhere, just no one seems to want work :(

You've not really thought it through have you? You set up as passenger transport, they pay you to take them somewhere, but you just keep them circling Uranus. Months later you drop off your now extremely traumatised new friends at some remote hellhole with a slave market and head off to purchase more bling with the proceeds.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby General Paranoia » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 am

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/34494/equestria-royal-guard
Fucking Hell another one! What is happening to the World? In sixty years time are all the geriatric wards going to be full of people that broke their hips after tripping over their strap on hooves :roll:
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:57 pm

I just can't believe that people join these kind of gaming groups. It's like the bible-bashing one, maybe they're trying to turn My Little Pony into a worldwide religion :shock:
Hermit

Postby aliensurfer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Hermit wrote:I just can't believe that people join these kind of gaming groups. It's like the bible-bashing one, maybe they're trying to turn My Little Pony into a worldwide religion :shock:

is Bergil blaspheming by depicting their God as a miniature? :shock:
aliensurfer

Postby Hermit » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Well, the god on the SC forums is Chris Roberts, so unless Bergil's created a figure of him like the Jesus statue from Dogma with the words "In Chris We Trust" on a plinth base, then no.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 am

Hermit wrote:Well, the god on the SC forums is Chris Roberts, so unless Bergil's created a figure of him like the Jesus statue from Dogma with the words "In Chris We Trust" on a plinth base, then no.

Yes they really do plaster that all over the forum, much like Tony the bobble headed Jesus. What is it with Americans that causes them to latch on to certain group leaders and treat them as demi-gods? I thought the whole American ethos was supposed to be based on independence and free will, not just blindly following anyone on a soapbox like a herd of armed psychotic sheep :|
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

And if he doesn't deliver exactly what they're over-expecting then they'll turn on him. Guarantee it, just wait and see. It won't be just from those who've spent mental amounts of money on it (running into thousands in some cases! :loopy: ) but also from those who've been arsing on that Star Citizen has been the game they've always been waiting for. Likening it to some sort of historic event :roll:
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Hermit wrote:And if he doesn't deliver exactly what they're over-expecting then they'll turn on him. Guarantee it, just wait and see. It won't be just from those who've spent mental amounts of money on it (running into thousands in some cases! :loopy: ) but also from those who've been arsing on that Star Citizen has been the game they've always been waiting for. Likening it to some sort of historic event :roll:

But surely getting crucified is a logical progression on the career path of a bobble headed Jesus?
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:32 pm

You know, Woody, I think you may well have been right from the start. Elite dangerous does seem like the better option. All the shite that's been piled onto Star Citizen is turning it into something that'll be a hybrid space sim/FPS game, rather than just a space sim. And the more money these bellends throw at them the more mad the promisies they make.

They've just increased the alpha slots by another 50,000 to squeeze more cash out of those gullable twats and the hangar module just gets weirder and weirder. I mean, a fishtank for fucksake! That's important isn't it? :roll:

I thought it would be a good idea to buy a few more ships, but I think I'll stick with the ones I've got just in case the game does collapse under it's own shite :|
Hermit

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Frother