Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby General Paranoia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:03 am

I'll PM you then :wink: I see this more as a dogfighting game now. I think anything deeper is going out the window. No bad thing really, if they can pull off a big scale multiplayer Wing Commander that probably enough in itself and it'll help build up Elite's playerbase with those looking for a deeper long-term game.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:48 pm

They seem to be trying to introduce more eve-like elements in there. Those guild wankers could easily be read as Corps, and that's how many are viewing themselves already :roll: Then there's the economy, the political systems. But I think you might be right, though. Dogfighting skills will be key to it.

I've already sent you a PM on my thoughts and ideas for it :wink:
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:58 am

Time to start recruiting the F Team to bring some good old Frothers values to the game
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:42 pm

There must be someone else on here that'd like to play it.

Bergil? aliensurfer? Squeaky? freakinacage? fear_the_squirrels?

Any of you fancy yourselves as star pilots? Ah! Come on! I know I've ripped into Star Citizen, but that's only because of the gobshites on the SC forums. We need decent players in it to counter them :D
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 pm

If only we could drag Frank away from World of Commode :(
We need to assemble the old team... Frank to teach the yanks new words, Tim to block the airwaves with endless whinging, Ben to run around fetching stuff, Bergil to fly in to ridiculously narrow spaces and Scott to form interesting poses while floating around in space as a frozen corpse
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm

I suppose one or two of them might sign up to it once it gets going. They might be waiting for us to try it out first. We hath forgotten the nature of a frother :lol:
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 am

Hermit wrote:I suppose one or two of them might sign up to it once it gets going. They might be waiting for us to try it out first. We hath forgotten the nature of a frother :lol:

Well despite our opinion of some of the more vocal SC forum members, I think the game has the makings of the next X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and will probably draw a huge player base, so I expect a few might turn up too late when everyone else has honed their skills and all have better ships :wink:
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Or if there's another promotion for the game, which there looks to be as they're already suggesting a "gift me in" promo. CIG's nearly as bad as the old Northern Upholstery sales that you used to see on telly :roll:

I bet they also reintroduce LTI as well. I've noticed that their pledge totals have dropped considerably since the last one ended. So they'll do it again as they show off new ships. Chris Roberts needs to reach his $20 million goal, see.
Hermit

Postby aliensurfer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 am

Hermit wrote:There must be someone else on here that'd like to play it.

Any of you fancy yourselves as star pilots? Ah! Come on! I know I've ripped into Star Citizen, but that's only because of the gobshites on the SC forums. We need decent players in it to counter them :D

your last sentence cancels out the list of names there :lol:

bagsy being starbuck (either version, both just drink, smoke and fuck)
aliensurfer

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am

aliensurfer wrote:
Hermit wrote:There must be someone else on here that'd like to play it.

your last sentence cancels out the list of names there :lol:

bagsy being starbuck (either version, both just drink, smoke and fuck)

Your character has already been confirmed

General Paranoia

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Frother