PS4 v Xbox One ? - PS Support is shit

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: PS4 v Xbox One ? - PS Support is shit

Postby Hermit » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 pm

I was going to read all that, UnclEvl, but I've passed it on for one of my agents to do it instead :P

Basically, the Playstation network got badly hacked and they're still running aroung like headless chickens. I wouldn't trust it even if it was finally resolved. Just link them to this thread (and others you've posted on on the internet), cut them loose, and let paypal and the credit card companies deal with them, advisng others to do the same. In the end, the customer always wins.

I'm sure these support staff, with their dubious musketeer names, are only going through a checklist and are unable to think for themselves, anyway. So you are wasting your time with them as they give you the runaround.

Just keep the console for home gaming and PC for internet stuff.
Hermit

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:48 am

Any joy on this one yet?
Bronshtein

Postby Juuso » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I think people are over-reacting a tad... true PSN had major issue whiles back, but they now have two-phase identification in use, and I haven't had any issues so far. Plus I use Paypal to handle the credit card payments, so maybe that's an additional complication for any criminals I dunno.

I've had one issue with a prematurely worn out controller, and that was handled by the retailer & Sony, so there it went smoothly. That's about it, haven't any use for their customer service or tech support. I play plenty of online games, again no issues at all. So I'd say buy with confidence, it's great time for console gaming with the PS4. Xbox One... not so much. It's lack of good exlusive games that's really hurting them.
Juuso

Postby ChristmasElk » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Only my ISP has worse support than Sony, just because they don't respond me at all, while at least tries to help, but... their customer support has always misunderstood my requests and provided me with tons of outdated information... Just garbage. But all that considered - I still prefer to play games on PS4 anyway :)
Do not despair! I brought you a lot of padded envelopes! - Pat
ChristmasElk

Postby UnclEvl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am

Apols - I should of updated this.

I did finally get it 'resolved', if you can call it that.
Eventually, after alot of emails and calls, Sony said it was my fault my account had been hacked as I must have told someone my login credentials. Total BS.
It turns out they had refunded the money to my Paypal account months previous, despite not telling me that when I asked.
However, that still meant that they locked my account out for over 3 months, when I couldn't play online - but they refused to offer me any compensation for that.
Yet another experience of thoroughly shit customer support from people so disorganised they couldn't find their arse with both hands, but don't actually give a flying fuck anyway - so pretty much standard.
For jumbo fun, get yerself a (all new downloadable pdf) Strap-On at http://www.frothersunite.com/files/UnclEvl/Lab/
UnclEvl
Committee Member

Previous

Return to Virtual Frother