Points system for FW ?

Forum dedicated to the frother committee's favourite wargame, Nick Lund's "Fantasy Warriors".

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Points system for FW ?

Postby Tarriel » Mon May 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi All

I think I saw a post on here way back mentioning an actual points system for FW. Does anyone know about this, whether it was home grown etc ?

Would be really interested in it if its about still

Thanks
Tarriel

Re: Points system for FW ?

Postby Duff » Mon May 30, 2016 3:33 pm

There isn't one. The Italian lads came up with one for their system, but it doesn't really work.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Tarriel » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:29 am

Hi Duff

Reason I asked about points values is between myself and some mates we have accumulated a wide range of miniatures over the years and I was wondering how to include them within the rules

For example I have a unit of Dark Elves with 2 hand weapons instead of weapon and shield so id there a basic formula that Grenadier used when setting up the points system. would they be worth 1 or 2 or etc.

Seems a long time ago from when I used to go down to see my mate who worked at Grenadier in Deeside. His name is Craig and Nick Lund had him standing on a table with a brush posing so he could get the right stance for the troll with 2 handed weapon :). They were a nice group of people there and made myself and mates who were all 18 novice gamers very welcome.

anyway any help would be great

Thanks
Tarriel

Postby PaintsByNumbers » Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 am

Still looking for a points system.
PaintsByNumbers

Postby PaintsByNumbers » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:38 am

Still crickets.
PaintsByNumbers

Postby PaintsByNumbers » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:58 pm

well well well. Katie's trove of stuff seems to have not one but two:
https://www.fysh.org/~katie/wargames/downloads/
PaintsByNumbers

Postby Duff » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:06 pm

There simply is no point system. If you want to come up with new profiles the best way is to make it a general rule rather than race specific. So 2 hand weapons get a +1 to hit, but suffer from no shield and wound as per hand weapon. Then anyone who has corresponding figure can use the rule. Points wise, they cost the same as H&S, S&S, 2H or Pike.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Katie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 pm

The ones I've got are a variety of approaches; including the aforementioned Italian one. I also have a JavaScript app that'll sort of do the sums for you and let you see what the changes are.

https://www.fysh.org/~katie/wargames/do ... oints.html

However, it still only has the standard weapons...
The line between wild and crazy gets blurry..
Katie

Return to Fantasy Warriors Zone