Q: Unpredictable in combat.

Forum dedicated to the frother committee's favourite wargame, Nick Lund's "Fantasy Warriors".

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Q: Unpredictable in combat.

Postby Katie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:10 pm

There's some nerfs/buffs in combat for being poorer/better quality troops. But how do people work that with unpredictables?

Roll a D6 to see if comes up better-than-elite/worse-than-poor as per the combat test? Or use the points value ordering which puts unpredictable worse than poor every time?

I can't find any bit in the rules which lays that out.
The line between wild and crazy gets blurry..
Katie

Re: Q: Unpredictable in combat.

Postby Duff » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Roll the D6 to find out every round.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Katie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Well that's what we were doing but I wondered if there was officialness about it.

(Big giant worm summoned by my rats. It basically won the battle; ate a cavalry regiment, then ate most of another one including a battle-leader and at that point the army failed a command test!!)
The line between wild and crazy gets blurry..
Katie

Postby Duff » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:46 pm

One of the reasons I love FW is stuff like that. It could just as easily been fuckwitted and run off after a single round of combat or bad threat roll. :lol:
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Return to Fantasy Warriors Zone