Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:45 am

Cats,cats, who's got the cats?

Darksword does a pck:

https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/sho ... s-x-7.html
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:07 am

You've gone pussy mad! :shock:

The only cat fig I could come up with off the top of my head was the Matakishi's tea house mascot, now I could field an entire cat army!
At least I have plenty of options to chose from, thanks. :beer:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm

You've gone pussy mad!

That happened a looong time ago, mate! :loopy:

And I still haven't found the ones I was looking for.

(You can take that as you will. :D )
Voice From Limbo

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:23 pm

A nice-looking little pussy here:

https://www.aenorminiatures.com/en/shop/gipsy-witch-cat

Unfortunately, looks like you can't buy the cat separately.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Jakar Nilson » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 pm

The 15mm nekomata that I sculpted for Alternative Armies might not be quite what you're looking for.
https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/sengoku-15mm-japanese-fantasy/products/sgfp22-nekomata-cats-pack
https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/sengoku-15mm-japanese-fantasy/products/sgfp23-creatures-spirits-and-infants-pack

Also, the Malifaux Hoarcat pride is a nice little kit of nicely sized cats.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks for the help guys. :beer:
That witch's cat is very nice but I don't think the nekomata or Hoarcats will work, Dr. Nikola's cat is large for a domestic cat and creepy, but otherwise looks pretty normal IMHO.
I was just googling minis of Alice holding the Cheshire cat when I was reminded of DC's Klarion the witch boy character, he's pretty much Nikola as a kid and often has his cat around his neck, maybe I could find a mini of him with the cat that I could convert and get the classic Dr. Nikola cat on shoulders pose.
I'm guessing any mini of Klarion would be pretty rare though, I doubt he's one of DC's most popular characters. Worth a look though.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm

At least I've found a possible head for my Crab Girl (when/if it comes back in stock anyway, fingers crossed.)
Hopefully I'll be able to cut away or add to the cheek guards to give them the pincer like jagged edges.
It looks like a very useful range with the various head options.

Can't find a mini close enough to be Spitfire without a lot of conversion work though, a fantasy ranger mini might be my best bet there I'm thinking. Probably more options than swashbuckler types anyway, and I could probably swap out one of a ranger's weapons for a torch but otherwise he'd need to be pretty close in appearance. it's a shame so many otherwise useful minis are covered in lots of needless details, straps and pouches and all sorts of knickknacks so you don't even know what they're wearing underneath sometimes, is that just the sculptor showing off his skill at fine detail or do people really like their heroes to be loaded down with old tat like rag and bone men? :?
Horrorclix have a fire eater blowing fire that I wish I had the skill to convert (if I could track one down) but he has the opposite problem of being (quite sensibly considering what he's doing) quite scantily clad, plus I think he might be covered in burn scars, so I'd practically have to resculpt him, well beyond my skill level, but maybe one day....

For now Spitfire will have to go on the backburner I think. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Seems like a Prince Valiant figure would be close. Surely someone does a version?

I want to see what you do with it -- but only if you attach a "Cone of Knockout Breath"! :D
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:58 am

It would be nice to have him using his breath weapon, you don't often see human type minis using breath weapons in miniature, I don't even think I've seen a mini of Superman using his freezing breath.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:51 pm

I'm wondering if this Old Glory fig would make a good Masterman with his weird proportions explained as some sort of effect of his alien possession? Has anyone read any of his stories who could tell me if that's possible with the alien that's possessing him?

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mastman.htm

I could do a conversion for Maximan to fight him, I like the look of him, but he's a bit close to the Chesty Bond I'm doing for my Aussies for my liking, I don't want all my heroes to look like the same three figures painted differently.

This guy would be fun to try and convert (except for the lion emblem :fear: ), A repainted Vision mini would probably do it but then I'd have two of my Brit heroes based on Nano Metalfigs of Vision, this guy Albion
and Mr. Justice who I've shown earlier.
I like the Vision metalfig for both, it has an odd pose but it suits both characters IMHO, but it's quite distinctive and they'd probably look silly side by side in a team.
(also, yikes! :fear: The paintjobs on these things vary a hell of a lot don't they? This looks terrible, the one I got looks much better.)

And does anyone know if this guy is still in production somewhere? A Superfig mini called Major (or maybe Captain?) Meteor apparently:

Thanks for any advice.
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium