Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:13 pm

I haven't looked, but seems like GW or someone would have skull decals.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:17 am

I hope so, I was never all that good at painting to begin with and I took a long break from the hobby and my painting skills have suffered. :(
Just doing the red X on my Mr.X's chest is turning into a saga.
And after taking all the trouble of grinding the old logo off the chest of the figure I based him on too. :(
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if there are any figures with cats on their shoulders?
Not likely I realise, but as it seems my best bet for an Italian villain is Dr. Nikola, I thought I'd better ask.
I don't like the chances of success for any attempt of mine to glue a cat mini onto a figure of a Victorian gent's shoulders. :fear:

Dr Felix from the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang line looks a bit too Bond villainy but he looks like my best bet at the moment, although the cat is in his arms and he'd need a head swap at least.

It might be wiser to just find a cat fig and stick it on the base of whatever fig I go with for Nikola.

Nikola isn't a great fit, but it seems Italy was the weak link in the Axis when it came to supervillains. There are more and better French villains from the period. Italy, you should be ashamed of yourself. :x
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Here's a Pic of the Devil Doctor himself, glaring in contempt at Italy for failing to live up to his legacy of villainy.
Actually he looks like a man caught by the cops with a massive pile of cocaine on the table in front of him with a suspicious trail of vapour connecting him to it trying very hard to make out he's never seen it before in his life.
"Massive pile of cocaine you say? On my Table you say? Nothing to do with me Gov, honest, musta been that guy in the Inverness cape and deer stalker I saw sneaking out the back as I arrived.
What? The naked dwarf in the bong behind me? Yeah that's mine, why do you ask?"
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 pm

Someone very recently released a group of cats in various poses. Where was that? Might have been here. I'll see if I can find it.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 am

Thanks.
It's odd with many RPGs having familiars as options that there aren't a lot more figs with cats and things integrated into the sculpt.
I've actually been looking for figs for some Guy Boothby villains for a while and he loved his villains to have pets that reflect their personalities, I've been tempted by this guy for a Pharos the Egyptian fig but the armoured bits hanging from his belt (not to mention his bloomers around his ankles, what's up with that? :? ) have always made me balk. The head swap needed would be more than enough trouble for one of my limited skills.
The monkey is ace though.

I've also been looking for a Victorian era human dwarf to be John Macklin, under the premise that he is the albino dwarf Nikola is seen with in one story(I mean how many albino dwarfs would one writer invent?) I think I'll have to settle for a converted Nick Nack figure. But then unless Dr. Nikola has perfected his immortality procedure and shared it with him Macklin would be long gone by WW2...

I had intended these to be separate projects but my lack of luck with Italian WW2 Supervillains may mean I'll have to combine the two, but it will require some rethinking.
I really just need a few characters to represent Italy in my Axis villain team to face off against my Brit Team for the moment and not get too carried away. :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:18 am

Don't get your hopes up on my finding the cats.

Did I mention I'm lazy? :D

Edit: Not the ones I was thinking of, but Leon's doing them, along with other animals, in different scales. Second post here:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=53388&start=30

Bad Squiddo has these:

https://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/Skog ... y=21735086

Also check their "Kitties".

Still not the ones I was thinking of, though.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:22 am

Not so lazy it seems. :)
Many thanks, I'll take a look. :beer:
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Still bugging me though. I may have seen them on -- gasp! -- TMP.

Dare I go over there? We shall see.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Eureka has some:

https://eurekaminusa.com/collections/an ... cats-a-dog

And you get some loose ones with Reaper's Cat Lady:

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/ ... /IG_5756_1

The ones I was thinking of still elude me. :(

Where, oh where did those little cats go?
Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium