Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 am

Jane seems to be the most popular female UK wartime comic character from what I can make out. She'd make an obvious British female counterpart to the Chesty Bond I'm converting, both being underwear themed, but would Jane be out of place on a battlefield? Does anyone know if her strips were ever action orientated? Or was she more a damsel in distress type? Is she even still part of the popular consciousness in the UK?

And what about country specific heroes from the kingdoms that make up the UK? Any popular wartime Scottish or Welsh heroes or heroines I could use for example? I'm guessing there was a fairly large English bias.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Does anyone know what the thing in this guy's left hand is? Some sort of tool or gas canister, or something obvious that just isn't registering with me? He doesn't seem to be holding it like a weapon.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/flamaven.htm

Also I'm planning to repaint a Bizarro figure to represent this guy, although his costume description doesn't seem to match the pictures on this site. Has anyone read a comic with this guy in his original non-armour costume?
I can't see any red x on his top, only a small one on his belt on the later DC Thomson cover in the lower right of the page, is this how he usually appeared?

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mrx.htm

Thanks for any help.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 am

I found these pics on a Micro Hero site, two more different takes on Mr X, both with red Xs on chests and now with a red rim on the black bit on his chest (which I thought was a continuation of the material of his cape but apparently not as the cape is not rimmed in red), is there nobody here who remembers reading this guy's comic who could help me figure out his costume?

Image Image
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:29 am

This guy from Hasslefree:
Seems like a good match for:

Even though I'm a bit worried about scale (the comic guy seems to be huge!) and I'd never be able to paint him to the standard he's shown above. :(

Does anyone know if he's a Not-character and if so who he's a Not-character of? (I like to file off any evidence, but this guy seems clean)
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:19 am

Trump, sans wig?

They do the wigged version, after all:

Come to think of it, though, yours looks more like his Attorney General.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:50 am

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Well, I AM looking for horrible fascist goons that would be at home in the funny pages.... American politics would be the obvious place to look I suppose.

But I think the WW2 era had enough horrors without me shoehorning in the Trump administration.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 am

That is a great looking Trump mini though, just how I imagine him looking before he blows what pass for his brains out to avoid criminal prosecution when he eventually loses office. Shame they don't do an after mini as well.
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:17 am

They also have a Baron Drumpf.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:28 am

Yeah, Not-Trumps seem to be a Hasslefree thing.
I considered getting Immortan Drumpf as an Immortan Joe figure to do some Post Apocalypse gaming but I wanted more Immortan and less Trump.

Trump is infesting every aspect of our lives it seems. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:That is a great looking Trump mini though, just how I imagine him looking before he blows what pass for his brains out to avoid criminal prosecution when he eventually loses office. Shame they don't do an after mini as well.

Unfortunately, Trump-with-automatic is closer to this:

Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium