Kid Phantom

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Kid Phantom

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed May 24, 2017 4:56 am

I just saw this in the Newsagents and was appalled:

Who at Frew looked at that artwork submission and said yes, that's exactly what we need to bring in a new generation of younger readers, a Phantom comic where the Phantom is a freckly kid drawn in the style of Ginger Meggs and other kiddie strips that were last popular sometime mid last century. :roll:

They should have just found an amateur Phan artist and given them the job, at least they might have left the Ghost Who Walks a little dignity FFS.

Next time you feel like complaining about how your favourite Comic Book hero is portrayed in a new comic book spinoff, movie or TV adaption, just spare a thought for the poor Phantom fan and thank your lucky stars your hero is in better hands than he is. :evil:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Re: Kid Phantom

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:51 am

Anyone in Aus (or NZ I suppose) interested in something a bit different from all the DC and Marvel that seems to have a stranglehold on popular culture at the moment might be interested in Frew's new Giantsize Phantom, which features some old characters from Australia's Golden Age of comics like The Shadow, Sir Falcon and The Phantom Ranger.
All reprints but for a short Sir Falcon story I believe, so all very old school stuff.

They have to be better than Kid Phantom though. :sick:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Kid Phantom

Postby bennieGrara » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:08 pm

RvsT on SNES isnt that bad, but its damn tough. The Genesis version is definitely much more fun, at least for a while.

That said, I never played any Robo games during my kid years unfortunately. I did get a friends R2 on GameBoy when I was younger, which was pretty much same as the NES version, horrid and hard, though I remember the control being a bit better. Wasnt that big an improvement though.
bennieGrara

Return to Comics Emporium