Anyone still reading 2000AD?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone still reading 2000AD?

Postby wait, what? » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:03 am

Too expensive to keep up with but buy the xmas progs for nostalgic reasons and still feels the same - half genius, half stupid.

Couple years back there was a kind of choose your own adventure dredd story which remains the most subversive and brilliant thing I've ever seen in a comic.
bloggy blog blog blog checkyourcorners.blogspot.com
wait, what?

Postby Otto1485 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I still get it and the Meg regularly, have to agree the the quality is excellent on both these days - recommended.

ATB Otto 8)
Otto1485

Postby freakinacage » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 am

wait, what? wrote:Too expensive to keep up with but buy the xmas progs for nostalgic reasons and still feels the same - half genius, half stupid.

Couple years back there was a kind of choose your own adventure dredd story which remains the most subversive and brilliant thing I've ever seen in a comic.

Yeah that and the Mr Ben Dredd they did were cool. Although my favourite was last year when they had three stories have a staggered start with no obvious connection. They then, in one issue, all converged, one strip after another. Brilliant! All revolves around one scene in one room
freakinacage

Postby wait, what? » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 pm

freakinacage wrote: Mr Ben Dredd

I heard about that but missed it - any idea what progs?

freakinacage wrote:Although my favourite was last year when they had three stories have a staggered start with no obvious connection. They then, in one issue, all converged, one strip after another. Brilliant! All revolves around one scene in one room

Yeah that was pretty special too. It's moments like that which remind you that Marvel are so unbelievably fucking stupid.
bloggy blog blog blog checkyourcorners.blogspot.com
wait, what?

Postby freakinacage » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 am

wait, what? wrote:
freakinacage wrote: Mr Ben Dredd

I heard about that but missed it - any idea what progs?

freakinacage wrote:Although my favourite was last year when they had three stories have a staggered start with no obvious connection. They then, in one issue, all converged, one strip after another. Brilliant! All revolves around one scene in one room

Yeah that was pretty special too. It's moments like that which remind you that Marvel are so unbelievably fucking stupid.

Nope it was around xmas two years ago though. And they did the choose your own adventure too
freakinacage

Postby McGobbo Fett » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 pm

freakinacage wrote:
wait, what? wrote:Too expensive to keep up with but buy the xmas progs for nostalgic reasons and still feels the same - half genius, half stupid.

Yeah that and the Mr Ben Dredd they did were cool. Although my favourite was last year when they had three stories have a staggered start with no obvious connection. They then, in one issue, all converged, one strip after another. Brilliant! All revolves around one scene in one room

Trifecta was excellent and possibly one of the best 3 story crossovers ever!
Bounty Hunter for hire, also available for Bar Mitzvahs.
McGobbo Fett

Previous

Return to Comics Emporium