Red planet in 2219

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Red planet in 2219

Postby Patrice » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:47 pm

...First pictures of one of the quite... unusual crazy projects I had for years. If I can make more terrain for this I'll probably imagine some scenarios...

In the first decades of the 23rd century, the red planet has been colonized since a long time, but still holds many secrets.

If your vehicle fails in the desert, don't panic, call Barsoom Teknik.

Choupette Bleoglas, a very qualified human technician, and her staff of mechanician robots will be there in a few hours to help you.

Her computer screen displays smileys related to the importance of the problem.

...after some time of skilled work, things are obviously going better.

Enjoy the pink side of the red planet, with Barsoom Teknik and Choupette Bleoglas!
Patrice

Re: Red planet in 2219

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 am

Now she needs some Martian customers.
What sort of scenarios are you thinking of using these for? They don't look very combat orientated.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Patrice » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:What sort of scenarios are you thinking of using these for? They don't look very combat orientated.

We often play small skirmishes and/or inquiries, RPG-like, whatever the historical or fantasy context, with "civilian" NPCs (as these) who may give informations or take sides etc. so that would be along the same lines.

A whole planet with lots of deserts and half-deserts, scattered villages and mines, that's room for villains, smugglers and all sorts of evil-doers that player characters could encounter.

I'll probably also add a small colony of friendly Grey Aliens for a more exotic part of a village and more mystery. :mrgreen:
Patrice

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:27 am

Patrice wrote:A whole planet with lots of deserts and half-deserts, scattered villages and mines, that's room for villains, smugglers and all sorts of evil-doers that player characters could encounter.

Sounds like where I live. :shock:

And from what I can tell the mechanics are the worst villains of the lot, Don't let the smiley faces and blue hair fool you, that robot that looks like an Esky is probably where she puts the arm and a leg she overcharges you for all the extra problems she "finds" when all you asked for is a tune up. :dodgy:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Patrice » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:
Patrice wrote:A whole planet with lots of deserts and half-deserts, scattered villages and mines, that's room for villains, smugglers and all sorts of evil-doers that player characters could encounter.

Sounds like where I live. :shock:

:lol: Yes I realized that, inconsciously, there is a taste of the Wild West in this whole idea, perhaps of Australia too.

...of course with ultra-modern technology all around it's different ...but technology can fail or be countered (hence the old-fashioned computer keyboard if need arises to operate manually, etc.)

Australian Dawn wrote:And from what I can tell the mechanics are the worst villains of the lot, Don't let the smiley faces and blue hair fool you, that robot that looks like an Esky is probably where she puts the arm and a leg she overcharges you for all the extra problems she "finds" when all you asked for is a tune up. :dodgy:

:lol: :lol:
Patrice

Red planet in 2219

Postby Barryvow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:42 pm

She doesn't look Russian.

I'm of the mind that Russian women's face are more narrow. Like Emily Blunt could pass as a Russian woman for example.
Barryvow

Postby Patrice » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Barryvow wrote:She doesn't look Russian.

I'm of the mind that Russian women's face are more narrow. Like Emily Blunt could pass as a Russian woman for example.

There are certainly different types of Russian faces...

...but I didn't specially intended her to be Russian. :o

Actually her name "Bleoglas" means "blue hair" in Breton (blev glas). :)
Patrice

Return to Wargames Misc.